Updated Sept. 27, 2021: With extended hot summer weather, water demand remains high. As Ralston Reservoir is taken off line for necessary repairs, the City will no longer have the capacity to treat the amount of water that the community is using for summer outdoor watering. Therefore, we need the community to reduce their outdoor water usage to no more than three days a week immediately. On October 15, all outdoor watering except for handheld watering must end. See updated watering guidelines below. Read the full news release on Arvada.org.
Watering Restrictions for October 2021
Watering restrictions for residential properties between Oct. 1 and Oct. 15 are as follows:
If the address of your property ends in an odd number, please water on Saturday, Monday, Wednesday.
If the address of your property ends in an even number, please only water Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.
Annuals and vegetables may be watered any day using drip irrigation or hand‐held watering.
Customers with newly-planted seed or sod may water the new turf as necessary for up to 21 days. However, after 21 days, we request watering occur on your designated days, no more than three days per week.
On Oct. 15, all outdoor watering except hand-held watering must end. Sprinkler blowouts are permitted.
Watering restrictions for homeowners associations (HOAs) are as follows:
All watering of outdoor common spaces must end as of Oct. 1, 2021.
Sprinkler system blow outs and annual backflow tests are permitted.
Customers with newly-planted seed or sod may water the new turf as necessary for up to 21 days. However, after 21 days, please only hand water as needed.
Standard Watering Guidelines
- Water no more than three days per week.
- Do not water lawns between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Do not waste water by allowing it to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
- Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete and asphalt.
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
- Do not water while it is raining or during high winds.
- Pay close attention to the weather. If it rains, skip watering that day.
- Water the areas of your yard that get the most sun exposure. Shady areas require less water.
- Decrease your watering time by a minute or two per section. Even small amounts of water conservation add up.
Seasonal Water Conservation Programs
Each spring, the City of Arvada partners with Resource Central to offer water saving programs to Arvada water customers. Programs include $25 discounts on Garden-In-A-Box kits and free Water-Wise Landscape Seminars. Programs run from March thru May. Check back early next year for 2021 program information.
Wondering About Watering in City Parks?
The City occasionally receives calls asking why we sometimes water parks during restricted hours. For information about the Parks watering system/schedule, visit arvada.org/city-parks-watering-during-daylight-hours-what-gives.