For Emergencies: In case of emergency, such as a water main break, call 720-898-7760 during normal working hours. After hours, Weekends or Holidays, call 720-898-7820.
Current Water Topics
Late season watering restrictions in effect for end of 2021/early 2022
Beginning in October 2021, the Ralston Reservoir will be taken offline and drained for a period of approximately six to nine months in order for Denver Water to perform maintenance activities to the reservoir. This work affects the City's water treatment capacity, therefore, residents are asked not water their landscaping between October 2021 and when the work is complete in early 2022.
Hot, dry summers can lead to unexpected water bills
Lower than normal precipitation levels can result in extra watering of our lawns and a bit of sticker shock when the water bill arrives.
By the end of summer, people are watering less, so when a higher than expected water bill arrives in the mail, it is natural to think a mistake may have been made. The fact is, you are paying for water you used a few months ago. In the height of summer, your water bill reflects spring usage, and when summer is winding down, you may receive a bill that reflects usage during the hottest and driest time of the year. Higher usage can also push your bill into a higher billing tier. If you would like to review your bill, please contact Utility Billing at 720-898-7070.
Online payment portal shows different amount due
In the online payment portal, the prefilled amount under "amount due" shows utility charges that are not yet due. Please reference the amount due on your billing statement for current charges. The reason for the different amounts is due to the way waste and recycling fees are entered into the billing system. These fees are entered into the billing system as they occur, not as they are due for payment. If you pay the prefilled amount due, the difference will appear as a credit on your next billing statement.
Water Bill Resources
- Pay My Water Bill - Find out how to pay your bill online, by phone, or by mail.
- Questions about your Water Bill? Call Utility Billing during business hours: 720-898-7070.
- Concerned About Higher than Normal Water Bill? - Get detailed information on precipitation comparisons, how to locate common water leaks, and more.
- Water and Sewer Billing Rates - Download the latest Water and Sewer Billing Rates sheet and find out about Budget Billing
- Understanding your City of Arvada utility bill - Learn about each item on your utility bill.
Water Quality, Treatment, and Maintenance
- Water Quality Report - Download the latest Water Quality Report or see historical reports.
- Flushing Water Mains and Fire Hydrants - Find out when, why, and how the City flushes the water system.
- Water Sources, Treatment, and Distribution - Get all the facts about Arvada drinking water sources and treatment.
Reporting Water Quality Concerns
To report non-emergency water quality concerns (such as odor or discoloration), the following resources are available:
- During business hours (M-F 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) or to leave a message,
please call 720-898-7803, 720-898-7802 or 720-898-7822
- After hours, please call 720-898-7820
- To report a water problem electronically, 24/7, use Ask Arvada
- by Utilities