For address changes or service transfers please call customer service at 720-898-7070 (M-F 8am-5pm). For missed waste and recycling pick up please call 720-898-7575. For additional utility bill questions, please reference the Pay My Bill page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City's Utilities Department provides water, sewer, stormwater and trash and recycling services. Water customers pay for these services through a bi-monthly bill.
- Visit the Pay My Water Bill for information on how to pay a bill.
- Visit the Water and Sewer Billing Rates page for information about the rates and fees that water customers pay.
How Can I Pay My Water Bill?
You can pay online, by phone, or by mail.
Your water/sewer bill will be mailed to you every other month. If you have questions about a water shut off notice, or your bill, please visit Pay Your Water Bill or call 720-898-7070 during normal business hours.
Please reference 2023 rates and fees here.
How Can I Pay My SDC or "tap fee"?
Developers pay System Development Charges (SDC) also referred to as tap fees to connect new water and sewer lines to our existing systems. These will be paid to the City by one of the following methods:
- Cashier’s check issued by a financial institution
- Official check issued by a financial institution
We do wait for a full 10 business days before the water meter can be set. Tap fees paid by check can be dropped at City Hall at one of our two drop boxes. Please call 720-898-7070 with any questions.
When Can I Pay My SDC or "tap fee"?
Effective January 1, 2023, you can pay tap fees once an approved building permit is presented, but no later than the time the temporary certificate of occupancy or certificate of occupancy is issued. Please reference these documents for fee amounts:
- Jan. 1-June 30, 2023
- July 1 through Dec. 31, 2023 (In-City only)
How Can I Establish Water and Sewer Service?
- New Home Owners: If you are a new home owner here in Arvada, the title company you worked with during the purchase of your home will contact the City of Arvada to set up water/sewer service in your name.
- Renters: If you are a renter, your landlord will contact the City of Arvada to set up water/sewer service in your name.
How Can I Report a Water Issue?
If you notice or suspect problems in the water system, such as main breaks, service line leaks, frozen meters, low pressure, bad taste or odor, or dirty water, please notify us at 720-898-7780 between the hours of 7:00am and 3:30pm Monday through Friday, or 720-898-7820 after business hours.
To report a non-emergency water problem electronically, please use Ask Arvada.
About Water Treatment
The City of Arvada treats and delivers over 6.2 billion gallons of water annually to residents of Arvada via 531 miles of water lines, two water treatment plants, nine water tanks and six pump stations.
On the wastewater side, the City maintains 9,300 manholes and 410 miles of sanitary sewer mains that annually carry 3.4 billion gallons of wastewater to the Metro Wastewater Reclamation District plant for treatment.
The City also maintains, rehabilitates, and replaces existing stormwater structures, funds construction of new drainage facilities, and conducts stormwater quality monitoring and permitting.
The City maintains 9,300 manholes and 410 miles of sanitary sewer mains that carry 3.4 billion gallons of wastewater annually to the Metro Wastewater Reclamation District plant for treatment.
For information on your sewer lines, visit the following webpages:
- Help Us Take Care of the Sewer System
- Roots in Your Service Line
- Do Water and Sewer Lines Need Insurance?
To report a sewer backup after hours or on the weekend: 720-898-7820.
For any questions, please contact the Wastewater Division at 720 898-7771.