Do you have questions regarding the topic of waste hauling? Share them on Speak Up Arvada.
At the February 11, 2019 City Council Workshop, City Counsel accepted questions on the topic of waste hauling from Arvada residents.
- View the City Counsel Workshop video (The topic of waste hauling begins at 1:43:32).
- Read list of residents' questions asked during the meeting. Your questions will inform Council deliberation about this topic and will help City staff organize communications and engagement opportunities for the community.
Exploring Safer, Cleaner and Less Expensive Options
In response to results from the Arvada Citizen Survey and recommendations from the City’s Sustainability Advisory Committee, the City of Arvada is exploring ways to organize waste hauling in our community. The City is currently planning a project for 2019 to understand the different options, costs and impacts to the community.
The City expects that this project will identify options that would:
- Create fewer trucks on the road (and less often) for:
- increased safety
- reduced road damage
- decreased noise and air pollution
- Reduce costs to residents
- Increase recycling options
- Increase quality of customer service
- Share your questions about this issue on Speak Up Arvada, the City's online engagement platform. Your feedback will inform Council deliberation about this topic and will help City staff organize communications and engagement opportunities for the community.
- Watch for future opportunities to share your questions and views about waste hauler options.
The City staff is planning a variety of community engagement opportunities throughout the spring and summer. Please check back often for future updates and look for notifications for future engagement on our various communication platforms and in the Arvada Report.
Why Explore Waste Hauler Options
Residents have consistently indicated that an efficient waste hauling system is extremely important to them (85% in the 2015 and prior citizen surveys); and in the 2017 Citizen Survey, two-thirds of residents supported the idea of an organized trash-hauling and recycling system. In December of 2018, Arvada's citizen-led Sustainability Advisory Committee presented their recommendations to Council for an organized trash-hauling recycling system.
The City of Arvada explored waste-hauling in 2011. If you would like to view the results of the study, you may download the document here. Download the 2011 Residential Hauling Study (2.17MB)
City Manager's Office, 720-898-7500