What to expect starting February
The City of Arvada, in partnership with our contracted hauling company, Republic Services, is working to launch the new Residential Waste and Recycling Collection program. While collection under the new program will not begin until July 2021, here is what residents can expect beginning in February 2021 and beyond:
- In February 2021, residents who are expected to participate in the City’s Residential Waste and Recycling Collection program will receive a series of mailings introducing the program.
- Households will receive a service level selection postcard. The postcards will be mailed in phases to ensure each resident receives timely customer service when making their service level selection.
- Each household will be able to select from three waste cart sizes or choose the minimum level of service and use a different waste hauling service.
- To be clear, beginning in mid-February 2021, you will be able to choose whether or not to participate in the program. There is NO ACTION to take now.
- In June, carts will arrive at participating households.
- In July, pick up service will begin.
- In September, waste collection fees (or a minimum service fee) will be included in water utility bills.
2021 Monthly Fees
- $19.76 for a 95 gallon cart + 95 gallon recycling cart
- $15.63 for a 65 gallon cart + 95 gallon recycling cart
- $11.50 for a 35 gallon cart + 95 gallon recycling cart
- $5.13 for minimum service (no carts, choose your own hauler)
Additional Cart Fees:
- $3.00 per month for an additional recycling cart
- $4.15 for an additional trash cart
- $3.50 per tag for occasional additional trash bags
Who is eligible to participate
Single-family homes, duplexes and townhomes (including housing with fewer than 8 multi-family units) in neighborhoods that DO NOT have organized waste collection.
Apartment and condominium complexes with eight or more units and commercial properties are exempt. Homeowners associations (HOAs) that already contract with a waste hauler are not required to participate in the program; however, they may opt in. All HOAs will pay an 88 cent fee (per home, per month) and be included in the bulky item and yard debris services.
Organized Waste Hauling Documents
If you would like more information about the history of this program, please visit the Waste Hauling History page where we have archived materials from prior to City Council's vote to approve this program.
Waste Hauling Hotline, 720-898-7575
- by City Manager