Update June 2019: Water, Sewer and Storm Projects
Simms Street 24" Water Transmission Main
This project involves installation of a 24" water transmission in Simms Street between 70th Place and 75th Avenue that will connect the central and north branches of the City's water system and allow for better distribution of water from the central branch.
- Contractor has started work and is expected to have pipe laid and the roadway patched back up to the south side of the 72nd Avenue and Simms by August.
- Work is currently focused on the south end at west 70th Place running from Taft Street to Simms St.
- Project should be completed by mid December 2019.
2018 Water Main Replacement
Replacement work is completed. A small section of sewer main is being extended at W 79th and Lee.
- Work will be completed by late Fall.
2018/19 Open Cut Sewer Main Replacement
- Project is in cleanup stages. Finishing curb, gutter and sidewalk and road way patching.
2019 Trenchless Sewer Main Replacement
The contractor has started and has already completed several areas in the project. Project will continue until late fall.
Ralston Trunk Upgrade
Replace and upsize 2 mile section of Ralston Trunk Sewer between Brooks Drive at Independence St. and W 71st and Simms St.
- Contracts are being signed.
- Work will begin late July.
2018 Miscellaneous Drainage Projects
- Contractor has started construction. 4 of the 7 areas are already complete.
- Work is expected to be complete by the end of September.
William Jennings, Senior Engineer at 720-898-7643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.