The leaf recycling events for 2021 have ended. Thank you to all who participated in the success of these events.
All Arvada Residents are invited to participate in community-wide drop off events. These events are included in the minimum services that Arvada customers invest in as part of the City's Waste and Recycling Program. In an effort to keep leaves out of the landfill and off of City streets where they can block storm drains, free residential leaf recycling is available.
2021 Drop Off Details
Dates and Times:
- Saturdays, Nov. 6, 13 & 20, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Stenger Soccer Complex, enter at Quail Street and W 58th Avenue, follow cones and signs to drop off area (UPDATED drop off location for 11/13 and 11/20)
- Perma Green Organics, 5520 Harlan Street
Things to Know:
- This event is for leaves only; no branches, woody brush, or tree stumps will be accepted.
- No commercial businesses, please.
- All leaves must be emptied on the pile. No full bags, even compostable bags, will be accepted.
- Due to COVID-19, leaves in plastic bags will need to be emptied by the resident. Assistance cannot be offered this year.
Do you subscribe to the City's waste and recycling program?
If so, you can purchase tags for extra trash bags--especially handy this time of year when all those leaf bags won't fit in your trash can! Tags are just $3.50 per bag, and you can pick them up at City Hall (8101 Ralston Road) or call 720-898-7070 for more info.
Please do NOT sweep or blow leaves into the street
It is against municipal code to sweep/blow your leaves (or any other debris) into the streets. Not only do they find their way into our storm drains, but piles of leaves can cause damage to our street sweepers. Often times, trash and damaging debris end up hidden in leaf piles, and when a sweeper is damaged, the amount of sweeping we can achieve is reduced. Thank you in advance!
Leaf piles such as this can damage our street sweepers and impair our ability to keep our streets clean.
- by Utilities