All Arvada Residents are invited to participate in community-wide drop off events. These events are included in the minimum services that Arvada customers invest in as part of the City's Waste and Recycling Program. In an effort to keep leaves out of the landfill and off of City streets where they can block storm drains, free residential leaf recycling is available.
2022 events have concluded, thank you for participating!
2023 Drop Off Details
Dates and Times:
- Saturdays - Nov. 4, 11 & 18, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Nov. 6-17 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Stenger only)
- Stenger Sports Complex - 11200 W 58th Ave, Arvada, CO 80002
- Permagreen Organics Company - 5520 Harlan St., Arvada, CO 80002 (Saturdays only)
Things to Know:
- This event is for leaves only; no branches, woody brush, or tree stumps will be accepted.
- No commercial businesses, please.
- All leaves must be emptied on the pile. No full bags, even compostable bags, will be accepted.
- Leaves in plastic bags will need to be emptied by the resident.
Do you subscribe to the City's waste and recycling program?
If so, you can purchase tags for extra trash bags--especially handy this time of year when all those leaf bags won't fit in your trash can! Tags are just $3.50 per bag, and you can pick them up at City Hall (8101 Ralston Road) or call 720-898-7070 for more info.
Please do NOT sweep or blow leaves into the street
It is against municipal code to sweep/blow your leaves (or any other debris) into the streets. Not only do they find their way into our storm drains, but piles of leaves can cause damage to our street sweepers. Often times, trash and damaging debris end up hidden in leaf piles, and when a sweeper is damaged, the amount of sweeping we can achieve is reduced. Thank you in advance!
Leaf piles such as this can damage our street sweepers and impair our ability to keep our streets clean.
- by Utilities