Please do not place recyclables in plastic bags into the recycling cart. Place items loose in cart.
What can be recycled in the City's program?
In the City's Waste and Recycling Program, residents can recycle the following materials:
- Paper, cardboard and cartons (empty and dry)
- Aluminum and steel cans (empty and dry)
- Plastic bottles, tubs and jugs (empty and dry)
- Glass bottles and jars (empty and dry)
Place your recyclables directly into your recycling cart. Do not bag recyclables.
Please do not place the following in your recycling cart:
- Plastic bags (return them to retailers)
- No household hazardous waste
- No yard waste
- No shredded paper
- No hoses, cords or wires
- No food or liquid
Recycling information for hard to recycle items
Arvada residents frequently request information regarding recycling. Please keep in mind that the recycling industry changes rapidly and information goes out of date quickly; additionally, recycling is handled differently in various locales: arvada.org/residents/recycling-resources.
Local Recycle Partner SustainAbility
SustainAbility is open. Please visit their website for new procedures.
- by Utilities