2021 Drop off events
All Arvada Residents are invited to participate in community-wide drop off events. These events are included in the minimum services that Arvada customers invest in as part of the City's Waste and Recycling Program.
Large item drop off events
- Saturday July 24, 2021 (8AM - 2 PM) at Stenger Sports Complex, 11200 W 58th Ave, Arvada, CO 80002
- 1081 cars were served during this event. Residents disposed of 69.43 tons of unwanted household materials. Over 300 mattresses were collected for recycling.
- Saturday August 14, 2021 (8AM - 2PM) at North Area Athletic Complex, 19500 W 64th Pkwy, Arvada CO 80403
The City of Arvada is excited to host our first Large Item Drop Off event, supported by fees from the Waste and Recycling Program. The large item drop off events are new events for the City of Arvada. The City team has engaged with contractors, partner organizations and surrounding cities to learn best practices and potential challenges. We are committed to providing the best possible event experience and applying anything we learn to future events to continue to improve.
Know before you go:
- Plan for a long wait. The City team has engaged with internal and external experts to map traffic flow into and out of the event area to help traffic move as smoothly as possible. The goal is to move residents through as efficiently as possible but wait times could be long.
- At the first event on July 24, wait times were longest at the start of the day and fairly short (10 to 15 minutes) throughout the day.
- Individual customers may take a long time to unload. We will have multiple containers accepting drop offs at the same time and event staff to direct customers. We have a limit on the number of items an individual can bring and will require smaller materials such as construction debris or yard waste to be bagged.
- Bring proof of residency. This event is open to City of Arvada residents who participate in the City's Waste & Recycling Program at Minimum Service Level or above. You must provide proof of residency at the event either with a water utility bill or a drivers license with your current address.
- There is a five (5) item limit.
- We can only accept certain items at this event. Do not bring unacceptable items as you will be turned away. Download a list of acceptable and unacceptable items.
If these events don’t work for you, keep in mind that residents who participate in the Waste and Recycling Program with cart service, can schedule on demand curbside pickup for $15 per item. You can schedule curbside pick ups by calling 720-898-7575.
Resident-owned cart recycling event (event has ended)
- July 12 through 17, 2021 (8AM - 5PM) at Memorial Park parking lot, adjacent to City Hall.
During this event, residents dropped of hundreds of carts to be recycled. The City, working with Denver-based Direct Polymers, recycled nearly 6,000 pounds of plastic. Thank you to all the residents who participated. You helped keep thousands of pounds of plastic out of the landfill.
Leaf recycling events
- Saturday November 6, 2021
- Saturday November 13, 2021
- Saturday November 20, 2021
Find more information including drop off locations and procedures on the Leaf Recycling page on arvada.org.
- by Public Works