Stay-At-Home Order issued: As part of the region’s next steps in addressing this public health emergency, the State of Colorado issued a Stay-At-Home Public Health Order. The Order is effective March 26 until April 11, unless officials determine otherwise. For details about the State orders including FAQs, visit covid19.colorado.gov. To read Arvada's webpage regarding the order, visit arvada.org/stay-at-home-orders-issued.
The spread of COVID-19 is evolving and has led to uncertain times. But we have the power to help stop the spread, care for our family and friends, and to stay connected to our community. We have launched a resource where our neighbors can share stories, tips and inspiration for thriving during this challenging time. Visit Speak Up Arvada #WeCanDoThis to join the conversation.
We can do this, Arvada, and below are some tips for getting started.
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) has steps you can take to protect yourself from any respiratory infection and help control community spread:
- Following social distancing guidelines by avoiding groups and standing at least six feet from other people.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid being around anyone with cold- or flu-like symptoms.
- If you’re sick, stay home and away from public places.
- Get a flu shot if you have not already done so
Help Your Community
- Volunteer, contribute or donate: to help at-risk individuals across our state get through the COVID-19 crisis, go to Help Colorado Now.
- Check on your neighbors to see if anyone is in need. Strong neighborhood connections create resilient communities.
- Verify emerging COVID-19 information from credible sources.
- Take standard emergency preparation steps.
Support Local Businesses
The Arvada Economic Development Association and the Arvada Chamber of Commerce have compiled a tool kit for Arvada businesses to access during this challenging time. Please visit the Chamber webpage for more information.
Share Your Perspective and Ask Questions
We invite you to inspire other Arvada residents by sharing your tips on overcoming challenges and sharing your stories during this difficult time at Speak Up Arvada.
Ask a question regarding local-related COVID-19 impacts electronically through Ask Arvada or via email:
If you would like to learn about updates regarding local COVID-19 impacts:
- Subscribe to ArvadaNews: ArvadaNews. We will send out updates via email as warranted.
- Listen to updates: Call our hotline at 720-898-7654 for weekly or emerging updates.
- by City Manager