Governor Polis has extended the statewide mask mandate Through Oct. 12 but may be extended further. Jefferson County Public Health's mask mandate is in place until further notice. The City of Arvada continues to urge residents, businesses and visitors to follow the mandates set out by the state and local public health agencies, including the wearing of masks or face coverings whenever you are out of the house and following physical distancing guidelines standing at least six feet from other people.
The spread of COVID-19 has led to uncertain times. But we have the power to help stop the spread, care for our family and friends, and to stay connected to our community. We have launched a resource where our neighbors can share stories, tips and inspiration for thriving during this challenging time. Visit Speak Up Arvada #WeCanDoThis to join the conversation.
We can do this, Arvada, and below are some tips for getting started.
- Following physical distancing guidelines by avoiding groups and standing at least six feet from other people.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid being around anyone with cold- or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home except for essential activites. If you are sick, just stay home.
- Wear masks or face coverings (scarves, t-shirts, bandanas) whenever you are out of the house.
Strengthen Your Neighborhood
Strong social connections are so important to our ability to recover as a community.
- Create a resilient neighborhood. Do you have your neighbors’ contact information so you can start a phone tree, or group message for regular check ins to make sure everyone has what they need? Use our Talent Bank tool to collect that info.
- Once you have everyone's contact information, determine what the needs are. Offer to run errands or pick up groceries or mow the lawn for someone who is elderly or immunocompromised. Schedule regular phone calls with someone who is simply paralyzed by anxiety.
Creative Neighboring Our challenge to you - how will you stay connected to your neighbors/nurture the relationships between neighbors while being physically distant? Think creatively. Learn more about ways to neighbor during COVID-19.
Help Your Community
Support Local Businesses
Share Your Perspective and Ask Questions
If you would like to learn about updates regarding local COVID-19 impacts:
- Subscribe to ArvadaNews: ArvadaNews. We will send out updates via email as warranted.
- Listen to updates: Call our hotline at 720-898-7654 for weekly or emerging updates.
- by City Manager