The City of Arvada Utility Assistance Program is available for Arvada residents financially impacted by COVID-19. All applicants must meet income eligibility criteria and must have a documented loss of income due to COVID-19. Program recipients may not receive assistance from other sources to cover the same expense.
Applications are still being accepted.
You may qualify for the Utility Assistance Program if:
- You currently reside within the Arvada city limits, AND
- You can demonstrate financial hardship due to COVID-19, AND
- Your current annualized household income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI). Income is calculated based on the month preceding the month for which assistance is requested (e.g. June income for July housing assistance). Households currently supported with a housing voucher are not eligible.
Program guidelines are subject to change as a result of funding availability. Payment cannot be processed until all documents are received.
- Program Application and Authorization for Release of Information
- Documentation of COVID-19 Impact: If you experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19, submit a notice or email from your employer documenting job loss, furlough, closure, reduction in hours, or other documentation that supports your loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Income Documentation: Last 30 days of pay stubs for all adults age 18+, pension statement(s), social security award letter(s), unemployment letter(s), and/or documentation of any other household income.
- Copy of Xcel Energy bill
- Affidavit of Lawful Presence (one signed for each household members)
- Copies of a state-issued photo identification cards for all household members 18 years and older
Please note you may be asked to submit additional documentation.
The application and supplemental forms are available above (linked in the Application Checklist section) for you to print and complete. You may also pick up an application packet at the Arvada Housing Authority (please see address below.)
You may submit this application along with all supporting documentation via email, mail, or drop-off.
Mail: Arvada Housing Authority Drop Off: Arvada Housing Authority Drop Box
8001 Ralston Road 8001 Ralston Road
Arvada, CO 80002 Arvada, CO 80002
If you have any questions about eligibility, please call 720-898-7494 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this program, please contact 720-898-7494 or email@example.com
- by Vibrant Community and Neighborhoods & Parks, Golf and Hospitality