City of Arvada facilities will be open for in-person services beginning June 14; however, if you wish to do business with the City, using online tools, emailing, and/or calling ahead to schedule an appointment is recommended All City services continue to be available remotely.
The City of Arvada continues to evaluate and refine its approach to the COVID-19 pandemic by focusing on the safety and well-being of the community. We have put together a suite of pages with information to help our community navigate through the challenges posed by the pandemic.
City Services Update: Review City services here or call the City of Arvada at 720-898-7000 during business hours to confirm that a service is open and available.
Vaccine Information: The City’s primary role regarding vaccine information is to direct people to authoritative sources about vaccine distribution. We encourage you to learn more about the vaccination process through state and local public health agencies. Learn more at arvada.org/covid-vaccine-information.
Other Covid-Related Information/Resources: The City, businesses and the community have worked together to help Arvada remain strong and work toward recovery in the face of the pandemic. Learn more about support for businesses and the community during COVID-19.
Planning for Recovery
From the start of the City of Arvada's response to the COVID-19 health crisis, planning for recovery has been an important piece. A Recovery Team was established early on, and now the City continues to respond to the health and economic challenges associated with COVID-19.
Our Principles for Recovery
The City's approach supports the state's recovery objectives, including:
- Work to suppress the virus
- Increase ability to conduct testing and containment
- Help protect those most at risk for COVID-19
- Support the healthcare system's ability to handle increased demand
- Support economic growth and stability
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of public health policies and their impact
The City has identified specific principles to guide resuming in-person services and achieving long-term recovery:
- The health, safety and well-being of our community and employees remains our top priority.
- The economic recovery of our community and organization is essential to long-term recovery.
- We will reopen facilities in phases and with extreme caution and care while acknowledging the risks.
- We are nimble and flexible in our planning and decision making as we respond to evolving circumstances.
- We are committed to working collaboratively and remaining aligned as a team in our recovery efforts.
- We will continue to follow the advice of state and local health experts regarding physical distancing and other guidelines.
- We will continue to involve the community in the recovery process, including seeking to understand varying comfort levels and abilities to embrace changes to physical distancing and activities.
City of Arvada facilities will be open for in-person services beginning June 14; however, we recommend that visitors wishing to come to our facilities, call ahead to schedule an appointment. As a more convenient option, all City services continue to be available remotely.
- by City Manager