Governor Polis has extended the statewide mask mandate Through Oct. 12 but it may be extended further. Jefferson County Public Health's mask mandate is in place until further notice. The City of Arvada continues to urge residents, businesses and visitors to follow the mandates set out by the state and local public health agencies, including the wearing of masks or face coverings whenever you are out of the house and following physical distancing guidelines standing at least six feet from other people.
The City of Arvada continues the process of reopening City facilities to in-person services while prioritizing the health and safety of the Arvada community and members of the City team. The City continues to provide most services remotely, and residents are encouraged to access online or remote services whenever possible. Residents are encouraged to review City services here or call the City of Arvada at 720-898-7000 during business hours to confirm that a service is open and available. Click on the image to view the Options for Accessing City Services and what to expect if you are visiting a City facility infographic.
What service are you looking for?
- City Services
- Public Safety
- Municipal Courts
- Parks, Golf & Hospitality
- Other Businesses/Partner Services
- Stay Informed
- Building Permits and Inspections
- Building Contractor License applications
- Municipal Contractor License applications
- Right-of- Way Permits
City Council Meetings
View meetings on cable, live stream or attend in person with restrictions and capacity limitations.
All communication with potential candidates and visitors will be electronic and/or appointment only at this time. Visit arvada.org/city-jobs for information.
Neighbors Connected Programs
Some neighborhood engagement programs are available. Visit the webpage for details.
Notary Services are no longer being offered.
Passport services have been suspended until further notice. The Arvada Post Office offers this service - must schedule an appointment at 303-432-2092.
Sales and Use Tax and Business Licenses
Special Event Permits
Water Bills can be paid online, through "Auto-pay" or by mail. Customers coming to City Hall to pay in person will be given an envelop and instructed to put payment in the utilities payment box. Water bills cannot be paid in person. For additional information, call 720-898-7070 during business hours.
Police community stations are open with social distancing and other safety measures in place. Police Service Technicians (PST) at Headquarters (City Hall) are open Mon. - Fri. from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Police Service Technicians at Lake Arbor, West Woods and Whisper Creek Community Stations are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Police records are available through the PST counter at Headquarters and online.
- VIN verifications are available at all PD community stations.
- Citizen classes have been postponed or canceled.
The Arvada Municipal Court is open. Visit the Municipal Court webpage for more information.
Discovery form with envelope will be available by the Court and main entrances. Fees have been waived for the time being. Place completed form in the Court Fine payment box outside of the court entrance. City Attorney's office will call individual when discovery is ready.
Parks, Golf, and Hospitality
Majestic View Nature Center
Majestic View Nature Center: While the facility remains closed, MVNC staff have begun to offer limited in-person activities with capacity and social distancing measures in place. Visit the website for details. Virtual learning from the Center is available at arvada.org/virtual-
- Arvada Reservoir: The reservoir is open. Please visit the webpage for guidelines.
- Basketball Courts are open. Users are asked to follow recommendations related to masks and social distancing.
- Disc Golf areas are open. Users are asked to follow recommendations related to masks and social distancing.
- Dog Parks are open. Users are asked to follow recommendations related to masks and social distancing.
- Olde Town Water Fountain: Closed through 2020.
- Park Pavilion Rentals are available online.
- Parks, Trails and Open Space and playground equipment, play courts, pavilions and picnic tables are now open. Users are asked to follow recommendations related to masks and social distancing. Please note: All field rentals are permitted through the Apex PRD. Please contact the Apex directly.
- Ralston Central Splash Pad: Closed through 2020.
- Skate Parks/areas are open. Users are asked to follow recommendations related to masks and social distancing.
- Arvada Festivals: All festivals hosted by the City of Arvada Festivals Commission are postponed or canceled until further notice. Visit the festivals webpage for information.
- Arvada Days: Canceled
- Equestrian Facilities: The Indoor equestrian facility is closed. The outdoor equestrian facility is open.
- Golf: West Woods and Lake Arbor golf clubs are open for limited golf play and limited dining services. Visit their websites for updated information.
- Arvada Banquet Services: Contact arvadaevents.com.
If you would like to receive periodic updates regarding the local impacts via email, please subscribe to our e-newsletter the ArvadaNews.
Ask a question, submit a comment or concern: Ask a COVID-19 question 24/7 from the comfort of your home at Ask Arvada or email us at COVIDresponse@arvada.org.
- Following physical distancing guidelines by avoiding groups and standing at least six feet from other people.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid being around anyone with cold- or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home except for essential activites. If you are sick, just stay home.
- Wear masks or face coverings (scarves, t-shirts, bandanas) whenever you are out of the house.
- by City Manager