What's Happening Now
Southbound Wadsworth Blvd (68th Ave to 72nd Ave)
- Daily right lane closure (8:30a - 3:30p) for erosion control and retaining wall work.
- Watch for trucks exiting and entering the work zone.
Thank you to all who attended our project Open House on February 3rd. If you are interested in getting project updates, please send an email to email@example.com.
Starting in late January and extending into late summer 2020, the City of Arvada and contractor partner, Concrete Express Inc. (CEI), will construct right turn lanes and acceleration lanes at several locations along Wadsworth Boulevard (Colorado Highway 121) near West 72nd Avenue.
This project involves minor widening on Wadsworth Boulevard to provide a safer transition for drivers turning right onto Wadsworth Boulevard from West 72nd Avenue. Right turn lanes will be added or lengthened on southbound Wadsworth Boulevard at West 70th Drive, the Arvada Center, and West 68th Avenue. The contractor will also replace a section of storm sewer pipe, reconstruct impacted sidewalks and curb ramps, and construct a soil-nail retaining wall.
- Along northbound Wadsworth Blvd. from W. 72nd Avenue to W. 74th Avenue
- Along southbound Wadsworth Blvd. from W. 72nd Avenue to W. 68th Avenue
What to Expect
- Right lane closures from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Construction workers and construction equipment in the work area
- Signs and flaggers to direct drivers around the work area
- Several RTD bus stops will be affected during construction. Rider alerts will be posted at https://www.rtd-denver.com
Wadsworth Boulevard is a major regional transportation facility through the City of Arvada. Plans for this project have been in development since 2014. These improvements are expected to reduce traffic collisions by introducing additional room to complete turning maneuvers outside of through travel lanes.
This $2.1-million project is funded by the Colorado Department of Transportation’s FASTER Road Safety Fund and the City of Arvada. Project completion is expected in summer 2020.
To be added to the project notification list for future project updates, send a request to the email address above.
- by Public Works