Week of Oct. 3
- Dudley Street to the south of Ralston Road is closed until further notice for drainage and excavation work.
- Business access will be maintained.
- Residential access is available via W. 57th Ave.
- Field Street to the south of Ralston Road is closed to all traffic until further notice.
- Motorists can access Field via W. 57th Avenue.
- Garrison Street to the south of Ralston Road is closed during drainage work and should reopen in early October.
- Access Garrison via W. 57th Ave.
Arvada K-8 School Traffic Advisory
- Construction activity is ongoing from Yukon to Garrison. Caution is advised.
- No left turn is permitted from westbound Ralston Road onto Balsam Street
- This restriction applies to all vehicles, including school buses.
- Crossing guards will be present on Balsam Street
- Pedestrian signals are operational
- Sidewalk access is limited through the school zone on Ralston Road
- No left turn from eastbound Ralston Rd onto Carr Street.
- Traffic is shifted into a single lane in each direction. Two-way travel is being maintained. Caution is advised.
- Reduced sidewalk access exists within the project limits.
- Speeds are reduced to 30 mph in the work zone.
Please contact us directly at 720-998-6223 or sign up for email alerts.
The City of Arvada and Hamon Infrastructure appreciate your patience and understanding during this project.
This project will widen and improve the Ralston Road corridor between Upham and Yukon Streets (Phase One-complete) followed by the segment between Yukon and Garrison Streets (Phase Two-in progress).
Ralston Road is a major east-west corridor for Arvada, serving 23,000 vehicle trips each day. It provides connectivity to major north-south corridors and serves five the Regional Transportation District (RTD) bus lines.
What the Project Entails
- 8-foot wide pedestrian path (similar to a trail) will provide access to parks and trails. This sidewalk width exceeds ADA minimum, allows pedestrians to walk side-by-side or with their pets and creates distance from the travel lanes.
- Widen the existing 9 foot vehicle travel lanes to 11 feet to help decrease sideswipe accidents.
- Installation of gutter pans to provide an additional 1 foot of space for the accumulation of rain, snow, and debris outside of the travel lanes.
- Widen the center two-way-left-turn lane to 12 feet to increase driver safety/comfort while stopped between passing vehicles.
- Reconstruction of aging traffic signals with new technology to improve traffic progression.
What to Expect During Construction
- Access to all businesses along Ralston Rd is open during construction.
- RTD service along Ralston Road will continue during construction.
- There will be lane closures and periodic closures of roads that cross Ralston Road.
- Construction will be conducted in stages in order to efficiently use resources. It may appear that construction moves around or stops and starts in certain areas.
- There will be disruptions to your typical travel on Ralston Road. We encourage all residents to consider alternate routes and plan for additional travel time.