As part of an ongoing effort to provide safe, well-maintained neighborhood streets to the community, the City of Arvada is beginning the 2022 Concrete Replacement Program. For this work, which occurs every year during warmer months, construction crews will replace sections of concrete curb, gutter, curb ramps and sidewalk in certain neighborhoods.
Where and When
Concrete replacement will occur in several areas of the City. Work will be localized to a limited number of larger sections. If your neighborhood is affected, you may see construction in your area for a longer time period, but the approach reduces cost and saves work time. For specific streets, please see the map linked below.
Each section will take approximately four to five weeks to complete. Here are general descriptions of locations:
- Wild Flower Ponds
- West Woods: Cul de sacs adjoining West Woods Circle Between 64th and West Woods Circle
- Rainbow Ridge
- Miller Street and W 58th Avenue.
- 60th and Harlan
- Lamar Heights
- Parkway Estates Cul de sacs
- Ralston Park
- Industrial Park
What to Expect
There is NO financial responsibility to homeowners or businesses affected by this work. If work is being done in your neighborhood, the City's contractor, Triple M Construction, will distribute bright green colored door hanger notifications to residents prior to work commencing. Residents will also receive a postcard in advance of construction in their neighborhood.
During the construction:
- Temporary traffic control devices will be in place to direct traffic in the work zone.
- Access will be provided to all residences during the construction. If you need accommodations, please call City of Arvada Streets division at 720-898-7640 as soon as possible.
- There will be open street cuts at times, and caution should be used in the vicinity of the construction operations.
- Landscaping that abuts the work area will be removed. The contractor will return to repair sprinkler lines and fill the affected area with dirt at the end of the project.
Please note: We cannot add driveway cuts during this project.
If you have further questions or concerns about the concrete replacements in your area, please call the City of Arvada Engineering Permits, 720-898-7640.
If you are looking for information about the city's 50/50 curb and gutter sidewalk replacement program, visit arvada.org/curb-gutter-and-sidewalk-replacement.
- by Public Works