Hey teens! Do you have an interest in Law Enforcement as a possible career choice? Have you ever wondered how officers process a crime scene? Or what it's like to search a building? Join us for the Teen Police Academy!
The 2021 Teen Academy will be held from June 7th - 11th, 2021.
Designed for high school students, this five-day academy will give you an interactive look at police work.
You will have the unique opportunity to learn about several topics such as:
- Building searches
- Crime scene investigation
You will also get to test your driving ability in a patrol car and process a mock crime scene. All classes are taught by Arvada police officers. The five-day academy will be held at locations throughout Arvada. Classes begin at 8 a.m. ending around 4 p.m.
How to Apply and Participate
- Must have completed Freshman year of high school
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Register by deadline
Please get permission from your parent or guardian before applying. You need their consent to have your application processed.
Apply In Person
- Download and print the Teen Academy Application
- Download, print, and sign the Application Signature Page (Consent Form). Your parent or guardian needs to sign it, too.
- Bring the completed application, your Driver's License or valid ID, and your application fee to the Arvada Police Department located at 8101 Ralston Road.
Who to Contact
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Students attending any of the Arvada high schools (Arvada, Arvada West, Pomona, Ralston Valley, Faith Christian) will receive priority over non-Arvada residents.
Registration and Payment
- All interested students will be contacted prior to the Academy.
- Attendance of all five days is a requirement for successful graduation.
- Each participant will receive a Teen Academy T-shirt, graduation certificate and reference materials.