The 2018 Teen Academy is underway! Applications are no longer being accepted. Please check back for our 2019 dates.
Hey teens! Do you have an interest in Law Enforcement as a possible career choice? Have you ever wondered how officers process a crime scene? Or what it's like to search a building? Join us for the Teen Police Academy!
Designed for high school students, this five-day academy will give you an interactive look at police work.
You will have the unique opportunity to learn about several topics such as:
- Building searches
- Crime scene investigation
You will also get to test your driving ability in a patrol car and process a mock crime scene.
All classes are taught by Arvada police officers.
The five-day academy will be held at locations throughout Arvada. Classes begin at 8 a.m. ending around 4 p.m.
How to Apply and Participate
- Must have completed Freshman year of high school
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Register by deadline
- There is no cost!
Please get permission from your parent or guardian before applying. You need their consent to fill out the online application and have your application processed.
- Fill out the online Teen Academy Application
- Download, print, and sign the Application Signature Page (PDF) (Consent Form). Your parent or guardian needs to sign it, too.
- Pay your application fee.
Apply by Mail or In Person
- Download, print, and fill out the Signature Page
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the application signature page (consent form).
- Follow the direction provided on the form. You can mail your application in to the address provided.
Who to Contact
If you have any trouble with the application process, please contact Alicia Montero at the Arvada Police Department.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Students attending any of the Arvada high schools (Arvada, Arvada West, Pomona, Ralston Valley, Faith Christian) will receive priority over non-Arvada residents.
Registration and Payment
- This is a free program. There is no cost!
- All interested students will be contacted prior to the Academy.
- Attendance of all five days is a requirement for successful graduation.
- Each participant will receive a Teen Academy T-shirt, graduation certificate and reference materials.