The Community Response Impact Team (CRIT) of the Arvada Police Department offers residents and business owners the opportunity to participate in crime prevention classes.
The Crime Prevention Class is a two-hour class geared towards citizens interested in learning basic crime prevention tips and tools to help reduce crime. The topics that are covered in this class includes:
- Crime Prevention for your Home
- Reporting Crime
- Vacation Tips
- How the Police Respond to Calls
- Protecting your Neighborhood
- How to be a Good Witness
- Good Habits
- Overall Questions and Specific Concerns Pertaining to your Neighborhood
The class will also cover crime and statistics and how to become more involved with the Neighbors Connected program. A question and answer period will be offered.
How to Register
For more information or to register for either class, call the CRIT team at 720-898-6883. Registration is required and space is limited, so those wanting to participate are encouraged to register early.
General Crime Prevention:
- Thursday, April 18, 6 - 8 p.m.; Lake Arbor Community Station, 8110 Vance Drive
- Tuesday, July 16, 6 - 8 p.m.; Arvada Police Department, 8101 Ralston Road
- Thursday, November 14, 6 - 8 p.m.; West Woods Community Station, 6644 Kendrick Drive
Crime Prevention for Businesses: Check back soon for class information.