The investigation into the June 21 tragedy is ongoing and is a collaboration between Arvada PD and the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office. There are two separate aspects of the overall investigation:
- The Arvada Police Department continues to investigate the events of June 21 that led to the death of Officer Gordon Beesley.
- As with any officer-involved shooting, an independent organization, separate from the Arvada Police Department, investigates the circumstances of that aspect of the event. In this case, the Jefferson County District Attorney is leading that investigation in conjunction with the Jefferson County Critical Incident Response Team. All inquiries related to the officer-involved shooting investigation should be directed to the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office (303-271-6800).
This webpage has been created as a resource for news updates about the Arvada Police Department's investigation. For information about community opportunities for sharing support and appreciation for Officer Beesley and his family, and in memoriam of Officer Beesley, visit the Arvada Line of Duty Death.
Information will be released as it becomes available through the Arvada Police. We will provide updated information here, and you can follow the Arvada Police on Twitter, @ArvadaPolice.
- Friday, June 25
- Thursday, June 24, APD Olde Town Incident Press Conference
- Wednesday, June 23, press release: Arvada Police Update
- Tuesday, June 22, APD Olde Town Incident Press Conference
- Monday, June 21, press release: in response to the shooting in Olde Town Arvada that claimed the life of veteran Arvada Police Officer Gordon Beesley, a good Samaritan, and the shooting suspect.
Public safety media inquiries should be directed to the Arvada Police Department Public Information Officer: Detective David Snelling, 720-898-6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Assistance
- Colorado Crisis and Support Line, available 24/7 at 844-983-8255 or text “TALK” to 38255.
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health, the Jefferson Center Walk-In Crisis Center is available at 4643 Wadsworth, Arvada, (303-425-0300). Jefferson Center’s Zoom support: https://jcmh.zoom.us/my/arvadastrongsupportandresourceline, has extended availability, and is now serving the community between 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., on weekdays, through July 9, with the option to extend, as needed.
In Memory of Officer Beesley
For information about community opportunities for sharing support and appreciation for Officer Beesley and his family, and in memoriam of Officer Beesley, visit the Arvada Line of Duty Death.
- by City Manager