The Explorer's Post is composed of young men and women who come together to get a hands-on look at policing.
Requirements to Participate and Program Details
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 21 and interested in a career in law enforcement.
- As an Explorer, you will learn about high-risk traffic stops, investigating traffic accidents, marksmanship skills and even participate in ride-alongs with members of the Arvada Police Department.
- Explorer Scouts provide assistance with various City functions, including the Fourth of July Celebration, Kite Festival, Northey Foundation Drug Take Back, Shred-A-Thon and Annual Secrest Bike Rodeo. Explorers are often asked to help with parking at concerts as well as assisting the liquor enforcement unit with liquor stings.
- Finally, as an Explorer you are eligible to apply for a college scholarship of up to $2,000 through the W. Michael Northey Foundation.
How to Apply
An application to the Explorer program may be picked up at any of the three Arvada Community Stations. For more information about the Explorer's Post, contact Officer Brad Gagon at 720-898-6577 or email@example.com.
- by Public Safety (Police)