Please Note: Due to COVID-19, the City is suspending events and activities until further notice. For updates, visit arvada.org/coronavirus-covid-19.
The Community Response Impact Team (CRIT) of the Arvada Police Department offers residents and business owners the opportunity to participate in crime prevention classes.
The Crime Prevention Class is a two-hour class geared towards citizens interested in learning basic crime prevention tips and tools to help reduce crime. The topics that are covered in this class includes:
- Crime Prevention for your Home
- Reporting Crime
- Vacation Tips
- How the Police Respond to Calls
- Protecting your Neighborhood
- How to be a Good Witness
- Good Habits
- Overall Questions and Specific Concerns Pertaining to your Neighborhood
The class will also cover crime and statistics and how to become more involved with the Neighbors Connected program. A question and answer period will be offered.
How to Register
For more information or to register for either class, call the CRIT team at 720-898-6883. Registration is required and space is limited, so those wanting to participate are encouraged to register early.
General Crime Prevention:
- Thursday, July 16th, 6 - 8 p.m.; West Woods Community Station, 6644 Kendrick Dr.
- Thursday, September 3rd, 6 - 8 p.m.; Whisper Creek Community Station, 14360 W. 89th Dr.
- Thursday, November 19th, 6 - 8 p.m.; Arvada Police Department, 8101 Ralston Rd.
Crime Prevention for Businesses:
- Thursday, September 3rd, 3 - 5 p.m.; Whisper Creek Community Station, 14360 W. 89th Dr.