Crime prevention classes are back! With rising crime trends and more calls for service we need you more than ever. Please attend one of the following classes and let's send criminals somewhere else.
The Community Response Impact Team (CRIT) of the Arvada Police Department offers residents and business owners the opportunity to participate in crime prevention classes.
The Crime Prevention Class is a two-hour class geared towards citizens interested in learning basic crime prevention tips and tools to help reduce crime. The topics that are covered in this class include:
- Crime Prevention for your Home
- Reporting Crime
- Vacation Tips
- How the Police Respond to Calls
- Protecting your Neighborhood
- How to be a Good Witness
- Good Habits
- Overall Questions and Specific Concerns Pertaining to your Neighborhood
The class will also cover crime and statistics and how to become more involved with the Neighbors Connected program. A question and answer period will be offered.
How to Register
For more information or to register for either class, call the CRIT team at 720-898-6883. Registration is required and space is limited, so those wanting to participate are encouraged to register early.
General Crime Prevention:
- Thursday April 14, 2022 from 6pm to 8pm at Lake Arbor Community Station 8110 Vance Dr, Arvada, CO.
- Thursday July 14, 2022 from 6pm to 8pm at West Woods Community Station 6644 Kendrick Dr, Arvada, CO
- Thursday September 8, 2022 from 6pm to 8pm Whisper Creek Community Station 14360 W. 89 Dr, Arvada, CO
- Thursday November 17, 2022 from 6pm to 8pm at Arvada City Hall (Anne Campbell Room) 8101 Ralston Rd, Arvada, CO.
Crime Prevention for Businesses:
- Thursday April 14, 2022 from 3pm to 5pm at Lake Arbor Community Station 8110 Vance Dr, Arvada, CO
- Thursday September 8, 2022 from 3pm to 5pm at Whisper Creek Community Station 6644 Kendrick Dr, Arvada, CO