Citizen Police Academy (CPA) members stay involved with the Arvada Police Department offering their skills, talents and time. The CPA alumni association was established in September 2000.
- Child Identification - Providing parents with child identification kits for use in the event of an emergency.
- Drug Take Back - In partnership with the Northey Foundation, this event is held the second Saturday in April each year and raises scholarship funds for Arvada high school students who want to pursue higher education degrees.
- Shred-A-Thon - This autumn event supports the Northey Foundation Scholarship Program.
- Advanced Training - An annual training that builds upon the basic training shared at the academy.
- Annual Murder Mystery Dinner - A "whodunnit?" dinner with a crime scene re-enactment based on a true Arvada crime.
- Colorado Police Canine Association - CPAAA volunteer to help with this statewide organization to assist in marketing, awareness, events and more.
- Police Department Volunteerism - The CPAAA is a primary source of volunteers for the Arvada Police Department.
- To bring together graduates of the Arvada Citizen Police Academy as a source of active volunteer support to the Arvada Police Department.
- To promote awareness of law enforcement and community issues.
- To enhance relations between the community and the Department.
- To encourage and recruit participants for the Academy through our activities and community involvement.
Executive Officers for 2018-2019
- Chair - Nancy Mayer
- Vice-Chair - Dan Doy
- Secretary - Maureen Tooher
- Treasurer - Cici Huff
- Directors - Dick Cavenah, Ron Horn, Jeff Hatcliff, Gerri Ramirez, Brenadette Moreno