One of the ways the City of Arvada supports finding solutions to the important community issue of homelessness in Arvada is by participating in the Comprehensive Homeless Count organized by Heading Home Jefferson County.
If you would like to help with this important community issue, the following items are greatly needed:
- Cases of bottled water
- Sunblock and lip balm
- New undergarments and socks (Men and Women)
- Dental hygiene kits
- Small gift cards (local grocery store)
You may drop them off at four Arvada locations and three Wheat Ridge locations:
- Lake Arbor Community Station (8110 Vance Dr.)
- West Woods: (6644 Kendrick Dr.)
- Whisper Creek: (14360 W. 89th Dr.)
- City Hall (near the utility billing counter--main entrance off 59th and Ammons Street.)
- City Hall (7500 W. 29th Ave.)
- WR Rec Center (4005 Kipling St.)
- Active Adult Center (6363 W. 35th Ave.)
Volunteers are needed to conduct surveys in Arvada the week of August 19 - 23. Please consider joining us and sharing this information with anyone you know who would be interested in helping. Learn more and register at headinghomejeffco.com/get_involved.
This Count will expand on the HUD mandated Point-in-Time Count that takes place in January and will paint a fuller picture of what homelessness looks like in Arvada (and other suburban communities). By measuring the full scope, we have a chance of designing services and policies to prevent homelessness and ensure it is short-lived when it does occur.
Volunteers will work in groups accompanied by law enforcement personnel. The volunteer groups will drive to locations where people experiencing homelessness often gather during the day to conduct a short, five-minute survey.
- Volunteers may sign up to work in their desired community.
- Volunteers will be notified via email of the meeting locations in the coming weeks.
- Volunteers will work in groups throughout the community conducting surveys.
- Morning shift: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (light breakfast and water provided). Afternoon shift 12:30 to 4 p.m. (lunch and water provided).
- 60-minute volunteer training required ahead of time.
Please register through Heading Home. For more information, please visit headinghomejeffco.com/get_involved or City of Arvada Housing Authority: Carrie Espinosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-898-7475.
Are you looking for information on Homelessness in Arvada? Please visit arvada.org/homelessness-in-arvada.