The resident rebate has ended for the 2017 tax year. Please check back in May of 2019 to apply for the 2018 tax rebate.
About the Resident Rebate
The City of Arvada offers tax rebates to qualified residents through the Resident Tax Rebate Program. The Program runs from May through August. Rebate amounts are $85 for the first person and $50 for additional persons. Partial residency rebates are offered on a pro-rated basis.
All qualified residents must fill out an application each year and provide proof of income.
- New Applicants: If this is the first time you are applying:
- New applicants are required to submit a lawful presence affidavit with a valid photo ID for each person in the household over the age of 18. New applicants will need to fill out an application (download under Resources) or pick one up at our office (8001 Ralston Road, City Hall Annex Building).
- Existing Applicants: If you have applied for the rebate in the past:
- Existing applicants will have an application mailed to their home
You may be qualified for the Resident Tax Rebate Program if you lived within the Arvada City limits in 2018 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Senior citizen: Age 65 by December 31, 2018; or
- Single: Between the age of 55 and 65 by December 31, 2018 and does not share the household with another adult; or
- Disabled person; or
- Single head of household with dependent children;
AND, the gross income for the entire household from all sources, including Social Security, is equal to or less than the annual income limit set yearly by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Documentation must be provided each year for all income sources and bank statements cannot be accepted. Residency information must also be provided. Residency can be established with:
- Copy of a lease agreement or rental receipts for all 2018.
- Copy of 2018 City of Arvada utility bill in applicant’s name.
- Other 2018 documents accepted at the discretion of City staff.
Rebates cannot be processed until we receive the completed application, affidavit/ID/proof of residency (if necessary), and all income documents.
You may call the Resident Rebate hotline, 720-898-7114, for more information.