Skip Main Navigation
City Continues Phased Reopening of City Facilities; Municipal Court and PD Community Stations Open Phased opening of City facilities...
Skip to Content

Historic Neighborhood Preservation

 

Historic Property Survey

In 1997 an intensive historic property survey was completed for approximately 120 acres of land in the southeast portion of Arvada, recording a total of 311 resources. The survey resulted in the establishment of three National Register Historic Districts: Arvada Downtown Historic District, Reno Park Addition Historic District and the Stocke-Walter Addition Historic District. An update to the 1997 survey was conducted in 2013 in order to evaluate renovations, additions, new construction, demolitions, and modifications that may have affected the historic integrity of the resources. All intensive survey forms can be accessed from the Historic Property Survey Map: Historic Property Survey Application

Arvada Downtown Historic District (Olde Town)

Otherwise known as "Olde Town," this historic district serves as the link to the city's heritage, culture, past, and future. Olde Town contains a wide range of building types and uses ranging from single-family residences to retail, office, and mixed-use buildings. Historic resources and individual landmarks are intended to be preserved, restored, and new development should be designed to be sensitive to the historic district and built to be integrated into the urban fabric with pedestrian oriented design.  In addition to its historic character, Olde Town is known for its abundance of locally owned shops, restaurants, and bars and its convenient access to downtown Denver and Denver International Airport via the RTD G-Line. Any modification, addition, restoration, or redevelopment in the historic district or zoned Olde Town (OT) must first obtain a Certificate of Compliance with the Olde Town Design Guidelines prior to construction. 

Arvada Downtown Boundary

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reno Park Addition Historic District

The Reno Park Addition Historic District encompasses a specified area that is generally defined as the alley between Yukon and Yarrow St. to the east, the alley between Allison and Zephyr St. to the west, Ralston Road. to the north, and Ridge Rd. to the south. Buildings within Reno Park are single-family homes with some being used as offices and other light-commercial uses. Most of the buildings in Reno Park were built in the 1800s and resemble key features from this era. Modifications, additions, restorations, or redevelopment in Reno Park MAY require a Certificate of Compliance with the Reno Park Addition Design Guidelines prior to construction. 

Reno Park District

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stocke-Walter Addition Historic District

Located immediately to the east of the Arvada Downtown Historic District, the Stocke-Walter Addition Historic District is another single-family neighborhood containing important historic resources. The Stocke Addition was formally platted in 1904, and the Walter subdivision in 1920. Development of the neighborhood was aided by its proximity to the interurban electric railway which ran just to the west. The neighborhood is distinguished by the varied size of its lots, with several substantial tracts reflecting Arvada’s agricultural heritage. Most residences are wood framed. Cottages and Bungalows are common, with several of the large late 19th century homes along Grandview Avenue reflecting Queen Anne detailing. In 2009, a Final Development Plan was approved for the district requiring specific dimensional and design criteria for existing and new development. 

Stocke-Walter Boundary