Each year, the Metro Denver Homeless Initiaitive conducts an Everyone Counts "Point in Time" survey to determine the number of those experiencing homelessness in our communities. One of the ways the City of Arvada supports finding solutions to the important community issue of homelessness in Arvada is by participating in the Comprehensive Homeless Count.
Volunteers and Donations Needed
If you would like to help with this important community issue, the following items are greatly needed. You may drop them off at four Arvada locations and three Wheat Ridge locations:
- sleeping bags(can be gently used)
- candy bars or energy bars or snacks
- small containers of vaseline (for frostbite prevention)
- $5 gift cards for King Soopers, McDonald's, Thrift Store
- Lake Arbor Community Station (8110 Vance Dr.)
- West Woods: (6644 Kendrick Dr.)
- Whisper Creek: (14360 W. 89th Dr.)
- City Hall (near the utility billing counter--main entrance off 59th and Ammons Street.)
- WR City Hall (7500 W. 29th Ave.)
- WR Rec Center (4005 Kipling St.)
- Active Adult Center (6363 W. 35th Ave.)
Volunteers are needed to help conduct this survey during the two-day event to be held Jan. 27 and 28. Training will be provided. Learn more and sign up to volunteer.
Are you looking for information on Homelessness in Arvada? Please visit arvada.org/homelessness-in-arvada.
- by City Manager