City of Arvada Emergency Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program
The City of Arvada has updated this program as of April 12, 2021. The Emergency Rent/Mortgage Assistance Program continues to be available for Arvada residents financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, some guidelines and the method of submission have been updated.
All applicants must meet income eligibility criteria in order to receive assistance. Program recipients may not receive assistance from other sources to cover the same expense.
Applications are now being accepted: Jefferson County residents are eligible to apply for rental assistance by clicking here.
You may qualify for the City of Arvada Rent/Mortgage Relief Program if:
- You currently reside within the City of Arvada limits, AND
- You are obligated to pay rent on a residential dwelling (e.g., lease agreement, rental agreement, etc.) within the City of Arvada or be seeking to rent a residential dwelling within the County, AND
- One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak, AND
- One or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability, AND
- The household has a household income at or below 80% of area median income. For example, the 80% AMI maximum for a 2 person household is $63,950/year. Income is calculated based on the month preceding the month for which assistance is requested (e.g. April income for May housing assistance).
Program guidelines are subject to change as a result of funding availability. Payment cannot be processed until all documents are received.
How to Apply:
- Rental Assistance: Apply for the emergency rental assistance program (ERAP) through Jefferson County’s Neighborly portal: https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/ERAP-JEFFERSONCOUNTYCO/Participant
- Rental Assistance applications will only be accepted through the Jefferson County Neighborly Software portal. If you are unable to access the internet or have a need for accessibility accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-898-7496 for assistance.
- Landlords are also eligible to invite their tenants to apply through the link above.
- Eligible forms of Assistance through this program include: rent, rental arrears, deposits, utilities, and other home energy costs
- The application will ask questions such as your address, contact information, landlord contact information (including email), lease and utility information, and income-related questions. The application will ask for information on all household members (name, birthdate, Social Security Number, etc.). Applicants will need to upload the following:
- Photo IDs for each adult (18 years old and older) in the household
- Proof of income, either 2020 Tax Returns for all adults in the household or the most recent 2 months proof of all income for all adults
- Proof of COVID impact or unemployment approval
- A current, signed lease (if seeking rent assistance)
- Current utility bill(s) (if seeking utility assistance)
- Mortgage Assistance:
- A limited amount of mortgage assistance is available for 2021 for residents of Arvada. Mortgages in forbearance are not eligible for assistance, though you may contact us and discuss your situation. Email email@example.com with specific questions. All eligibility requirements listed above also apply to the mortgage assistance program.
- To Apply for Mortgage Assistance:
- Complete this application and provide all documentation requested on the applications checklist to be considered. You may also pick up an application packet at the Arvada Housing Authority (please see address below.)
- You may submit this application along with all supporting documentation via email, mail, or drop-off.
- Email (the preferred and quickest way): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Arvada Housing Authority
Attn: Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program
8001 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
- Drop Off: Arvada Housing Authority Drop Box (to the left of the front doors) 8001 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
If you have any questions about eligibility, or if you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this program, please contact 720-898-7496 or email@example.com
- by Vibrant Community and Neighborhoods & Parks, Golf and Hospitality