The City of Arvada Human Services and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program (funded through the US Department of Housing & Urban Development) is designed to help meet the needs of disadvantaged and at-risk citizens and neighborhoods by awarding funding to non-profits who provide services to the most vulnerable in our community.
Each year the City of Arvada Human Services Advisory Committee awards grant funding to non-profit organizations who meet the funding criteria.
The organization applying for funding must have had non-profit 501 (C) (3) or 509 (A) tax exempt status.
- A majority (51% or greater) of the beneficiaries receiving assistance from the project or program proposed for funding must have been low or moderate income (LMI) persons or households.
- The persons or households receiving assistance from the project or program must have been generally presumed to be principally LMI persons or households. This presumption covers abused children, battered spouses, elderly persons, severely disabled adults, homeless persons, illiterate adults, persons living with AIDS and migrant farm workers.
*Note: A low- and moderate- (L/M) income person or household is where the total income of a person or all members of a household is equal to or less than the current Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Assistance Program low-income limit established by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
As a general guide that low income limit would be $52,000 for a single person or single person household or $74,250 for a four person household.
Examples of Previous Grant Awards
- Audio Information Network for audio information services for blind and print disabled;
- CASA of Jefferson and Gilpin Counties for court appointed special advocate services;
- Carin' Clinic for the Arvada Health Project for children;
- Hands of the Carpenter to assist families in need of vehicle-related services;
- Family Tree, Inc. for crisis hotline services;
About the Program
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, funded through the US Department of Housing & Urban Development, is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. Community Development Block Grant is designed to help meet the needs of disadvantaged and at-risk citizens and neighborhoods.
The Community Development Block Grant program works to ensure decent affordable housing, to provide services to the most vulnerable in our communities, and to create jobs through the expansion and retention of businesses. Community Development Block Grant is an important tool for helping local governments tackle serious challenges facing their communities.
The draft Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Reporting For Entitlement Grantee for the 2020 Program Year for the City of Arvada, Colorado is available for inspection and comment. This report is a requirement of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for the use of Community Development Block Grant funds. The report evaluates the City of Arvada’s performance in meeting overall housing and community development goals.
Public Inspection: The draft report is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the following location:
City of Arvada
Housing Preservation and Resources
8001 Ralston Rd
Arvada, CO 80002
A copy of the report can also be found on the City of Arvada website at:
Public Comments: Public comments will be received at the above mentioned offices until Friday, March 19, 2021. A summary of comments received will be included with the report.
Published: March 4, 2021
Program information is available by contacting the Housing Preservation and Resources Division, Arvada City Hall, 8001 Ralston Road, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or call 720-898-7494. Information is also available on our website at https://arvada.org/residents/city-neighborhoods/cdgb-funds-at-work-in-arvada
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Please contact Carrie Espinosa at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-898-7494, between 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., weekdays.
Published: Arvada Press December 17, 2020
Annual Reports and Plans
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Reporting (CAPER) 2019
City of Arvada Annual Action Plan 2019
Executive Summary of the Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
For more information about the Community Development Block Grant please visit HUD.GOV CDGB
- Main Telephone Number: 720-898-7494
- Fax Number: 720-898-7490
- Street Address: 8001 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
- by Community and Economic Development