Skip Main Navigation
Downed Tree Limb Response The City team is working hard to respond to the downed and damaged trees and tree limbs resulting from the spring snowstorm. For more information...
Skip to Content

Reporting Pet Issues

What should I do if...

I find or lose a pet

If you find or lose a pet, notify Arvada Animal Management at 720-898-6850. This is a recorded line and Animal Management Officers (AMO) check it frequently. Be prepared to leave a message with the following information:

  • Breed of the animal and color 

  • The sex of the animal and if it has been altered 

  • Type of collar and color 

  • Rabies tag, identification tag, and/or microchip information

  • Location the animal was lost or found 

  • Your name, address, and phone number

If you've lost a pet, you may also contact Foothills Animal Shelter to see if your pet may have been turned in by a concerned citizen.

I find an injured pet or animal

Immediately call police non-emergency dispatch at 720-898-6900 and select option #1. An AMO will be notified by dispatch to respond as soon as possible. Please note: If your pet is injured or deceased, please contact your veterinarian for assistance. 

I suspect or know of animal abuse or neglect

If you know or suspect someone is committing animal abuse or neglect, please notify Animal Management at 720-898-6850. This is a recorded line, which is checked frequently. Leave the reason for your call and your contact information to expedite a response. When Animal Management returns your call, be prepared to tell them who owns the animal; who you suspect is committing the abuse or neglect; the nature of the abuse or neglect; and the date, time and place it occurred. Documenting as much information as possible is critical to AMO’s ability to help the animal.

I encounter a habitual leash law/pooper scooper violator

Repeat encounters with off-leash or pooper scooper violators warrants a call to Animal Management. Animal Management will ask for descriptions of the animals and the owners and the time and location of the infraction. As a repreat encounter, does this happen at or around the same time every day or on a particular day? Knowing this information helps AMOs determine if an area is violation-heavy. Assigning extra patrols to those areas can help correct the violations.

I want to report a barking dog

Looking for information on reporting a barking dog? Visit


Featured Video

Click on the preview below to watch.

Watch This Video Preview of YouTube Video

Get more videos in our video gallery or on YouTube.