Xcel Energy is installing a new 8 inch gas line under the West 64th Ave corridor from approximately Urban Street, near Fremont Elementary, to Deframe Street/Wyndham Park Dr.
What to Expect
- As part of the project, the City has granted permission for night work to take place on the nights of Wednesday, September 11th, Saturday, September 21st, and Sunday, September 22nd, 2019. Night work will begin at 8:00 PM and end at 6:00 AM.
- This work will include multiple lane closures on W 64th Ave and detours for three intersections on W 64th Ave: Yank Way, Youngfield St., and Arbutus St. on the dates and between the hours listed above.
- While night work and road closures can be inconvenient, this is the best solution to reduce overall impact of the project and speed construction.
- Xcel Energy places door hangers on homes within approximately a block of the project prior to work beginning.
- Expect travel delays during night work and for the duration of this project. Please plan alternate routes and additional travel time.
Residents can refer to the Xcel website for information and contact numbers if they have questions about this project.