72nd Avenue west of Indiana Street (Colorado Highway 72) is now open to traffic. Vehicles are driving on a temporary surface until the final asphalt layer is placed in several weeks. Motorists should continue to expect intermittent lane closures with alternating traffic from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Work scheduled during the week of June 16 (weather-dependent):
- Install sidewalk and ADA ramps on 72nd Avenue west of Indiana Street
- Install sidewalk and ADA ramps on 72nd Avenue at the intersection of Indiana Street
- Grade 72nd Avenue east of Indiana Street for street widening
- Pave Indiana Street and 72nd Avenue
You can learn more about the project by calling the project hotline at 720-900-8670 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plans to improve the intersection have been in development since 2013. This $7-million project is funded through the City’s Capital Improvement Project Fund. Planned intersection enhancements will improve the safety and functionality of the intersection. This project will raise the profile of the roadway to improve drainage, upgrade the traffic signal and provide additional capacity through the intersection. The new intersection layout has been designed to accommodate future traffic volumes. Two lanes in each direction will be provided through the intersection and Indiana Street will be widened to accommodate double left-turn lanes in both directions. Other project improvements include:
- New sidewalks and on-street bike lanes
- Undergrounding utilities
- Water line replacement
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Bridge expansion on 72nd Avenue over Croke Canal