The City of Arvada and their contractor will soon begin asphalt rehabilitation work in locations around the City of Arvada.
- The work will consist of one of two different types of pavement treatments in preparation for the final top lift of asphalt. The chosen treatment is determined based on the roadway’s existing structure and its average daily traffic volume. The treatment types are:
- Mill-Patch-Overlay - includes milling the full width of the roadway and patching back problem areas to full depth, then full-width overlay of asphalt.
- Full Reconstruction - includes removing the entire roadway structure repairing sub base roadway material, then replacing with all new intermediate and overlay courses of asphalt.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Access to driveways may be limited at times during the work. Residents who need accommodations are encouraged to contact us as soon as possible.
- Residents and businesses will be provided full access to driveways on evenings and weekends, or any other times when work is not actively taking place.
How you can help:
If your neighborhood is part of the Asphalt Program, there is one thing you can do to help: The City’s contractor will place temporary “No Parking” signs in the work areas. Please obey all signs.
Timing of the work:
Once the contractor places cones and temporary “No Parking” signage in front of your residence or business, the work is scheduled to begin within the next 24 hours.
The contractor will then:
- remove the old asphalt (either mill or full removal).
- place structural subgrade material (if applicable).
- conduct full-depth patching of damaged asphalt.
- place the full-width overlay of asphalt.
- Lane markings will be placed after the asphalt is replaced. The timing of this work may vary.
If you have any further questions regarding the project, please contact the City of Arvada Streets Division at 720-898-7720.
- by Public Works