Due to COVID-19, Ralston Central splash pad will remain closed for the 2020 season.
General Park Information
Ralston Central Park, a 20 acre Park and Bridge/Trail project features walking paths, two playgrounds, a large spray park/splashpad, indoor restrooms, a sand volleyball pit, a large covered picnic pavilion with seating for 100, seating throughout the park and the Hernor Family Memorial Garden. With three pedestrian bridges and an 89-vehicle parking lot, the park has easy access.
Interesting Project Facts
- The park’s outdoor buildings were custom-designed to accommodate the contour of the site’s floodplain.
- The Hernor Family Memorial Garden, the restroom and maintenance building, and the covered picnic pavilion feature design details unique to Arvada.
- More than 200,000 cubic yards of soil were removed, and the City relocated about 20,000 cubic yards to nearby Wolff Park, saving $150,000 on the project.
- The memorial trees located within the project’s boundaries were relocated either within the new park itself, or to Wolff Park, the skate park at the Apex Center or the Lutz/Stenger Sports Complex.
- The park’s sustainability features include LED lighting, landscaping that utilizes native prairie grass and plants that require no irrigation.