Volunteering at the Nature Center
Our mission: To provide environmental education and interpretive sciences to our community.
Limited Volunteer shifts available. Volunteer applications may not be processed immediately while the Nature Center is closed. For more information about volunteering, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff and volunteers work towards this mission by teaching public programs, leading interactive activities, attending outreach events, working in our demonstration garden and more. The Nature Center encourages volunteers to share their passions and connect families with nature. As everyone has their own special knowledge or skill, all volunteers are welcome.
Volunteers must be ages 13 or older. Younger persons may accompany an adult volunteer and must be supervised at all times. Other limitations may apply.
Want to help with trail maintenance in the park? Consider Arvada's Adopt-a-Trail program.
Who Do We Need?
- Hosting-Volunteers engage with visitors during public hours and programs to alleviate staff time for marketing and/or teaching purposes. This can include checking people in, answering questions, or providing a welcoming space for visitors.
Friends of the Garden-Volunteers help our garden grow! This is typically needed during spring and summer to control noxious weeds, control overgrowth, and maintain plant labels.
Teaching-Volunteers teach a variety of school & group programs, as they relate to nature and science. This is needed year-round, especially in late spring and fall on weekday mornings for school field trips. Some programs may be at schools, but most will be at the Nature Center. Teaching volunteers can also pick a nature topic of their own to teach for a public program.
- Events/Outreach-Volunteers help plan, present, or provide an extra pair of hands at our larger events and outreach booths. Events include Arvada Trails Day, Harvest Day Parade, World Turtle Day or others as scheduled.
Have a special passion, like bird identification or wildlife research? Contact us for more information on how you can still volunteer!
In order to help you make your volunteering experience work with your schedule and meet expectations, we do require new volunteers to commit to the below requirements:
- Complete the volunteer application and background check. This is required as volunteer may work with children. You can also find these forms under Resources. Then bring these to the Nature Center or sent them to email@example.com so we can get to know you!
- Commit to least 3 hours (one shift) per month.
- Provide an email and/or phone number for scheduling purposes and updates.
Please contact us if accommodations are needed for school requirements or other needs (internships, senior projects, etc.).
As we rely on volunteers to help our programs run and achieve our mission, we want to show how much we appreciate our volunteers. Here are some of the things our volunteers can enjoy while at Majestic View Nature Center:
- Enjoy quarterly socials and workshops with fellow volunteers to share ideas and connect.
- Invitation to the Nature Center's Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast if you complete 15 hours of service throughout a given year.
- Invitation to the City of Arvada’s Volunteer Event if you complete 40 hours of service throughout a given year.
- Receive staff pricing or free programs at the Nature center and discounts on renting the facility.
- Earn rewards when you show your passion and volunteer over 250 hours of service.
- Main Phone Number: 720-898-7405
- Address: 7030 Garrison St. Arvada, CO 80004
- Social Media: @MajesticViewNC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter