Volunteering at the Nature Center
Our mission: To provide environmental education and interpretive sciences to our community.
Staff and volunteers work towards this mission by teaching public programs, leading interactive activities, attending outreach events and more. The Nature Center encourages volunteers to share their passions and connect families with nature. As everyone has their own special knowledge or skill, all volunteers are welcome.
Volunteers must be ages 13 or older. Younger persons may accompany an adult volunteer and must be supervised at all times. Other limitations may apply.
Want to help with trail maintenance in the park? Consider Adopt a Trail programs-get more info at arvada.org/adopt-a-trail.
What Is The Commitment?
- Complete the volunteer application and background check. You can find these forms in Resources. Then bring them to the Nature Center so we can get to know you!
- Commit to least 3 hours (one shift) per month.
- Provide an email and/or phone number for scheduling purposes and updates.
*All volunteer positions require a background check due to interaction with kids
Please contact us if accommodations are needed for school requirements or other needs.
What Are The Benefits?
- Enjoy quarterly socials and workshops to share ideas and connect with other volunteers.
- Invitation to the Nature Center's Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast if you complete 15 hours of service throughout the year.
- Invitation to the City of Arvada’s Volunteer Event if you complete 40 hours of service throughout the year.
- Receive staff pricing or free programs at the Nature center and discounts on renting the facility.
- Earn a gem to display on their name tag to show your passion and volunteer experience after every 250 hours of service.
Who Do We Need?
- Hosting-Volunteers engage with visitors during public hours and programs, typically needed on a Saturday but any day is welcome to alleviate staff time.
Friends of the Garden-Volunteers help our garden grow! This is typically needed during spring and summer.
Teaching-Volunteers teach a variety of school programs, as they relate to nature and science. This is needed year-round, especially in late spring and fall on weekday mornings.
Events/Outreach-Volunteers plan, present, and help with our larger events and outreach booths. Events include Arvada Trails Day, Harvest Day Parade, World Turtle Day and others as scheduled.
Have a special skill? Contact us for more information on how you can still help!
- Main Phone Number: 720-898-7405
- Address: 7030 Garrison St. Arvada, CO 80004
- Social Media: @MajesticViewNC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter