The Nature Center is the City of Arvada's environmental education facility. We offer many school and group programs to engage kids with nature. Using the nature trails, wetland areas and prairie ecosystems to explore, we connect kids with Arvada's parks and better understand nature. Topics are grade-level appropriate and meet Colorado science standards.
The Nature Center also has 3,000 square feet, containing hands-on exhibits, wildlife displays, and classrooms. And, just outside is 25,000 square feet of a beautiful water-conserving demonstration garden. Visitors can discover native Colorado plants and wildlife both inside and out.
NEW PROGRAM OFFERINGS!
Based on the new 2020 Colorado State Science standards, these programs have fresh activities, games, and visuals.
Pre-K & K (25 minutes each): Becoming Butterflies; My Five Senses; Seed, Leaf, Grow!; Feathered Friends; & Nature Connections
1st - 3rd grades (40 minutes each): Habitat Homes, Meet a Mammal, Amphibian or Reptile? Bird Expedition, & Insect Investigation
3rd - 5th grades (40 minutes each): Wetland Discoveries, What’s That Life Cycle? Life in the Prairie, Mammal Detectives, & Who Polluted the Water?
Elementary Exploration programs are offered weekday morning. Individual programs can accommodate up to 25 students, up to 75 students in a day (3 rotating, consecutive programs). E.g. A class of 70 students would choose three 3rd-5th grade programs for a field trip from 9-11:15 a.m., then enjoy lunch in the park.
Pricing is $4 per student, $30 minimum. (Certain schools may be eligible for free programs through our Jeffco Outdoor Foundation grant). Call for more information or to schedule your field trip or an outreach program to your location!
Please call for more information and to schedule your field trip today!
Not able to get your students or group to the Nature Center? Ask us to be a guest in your school or community area. Majestic View will work with you to design a program that fits the needs of your class or group. Topics are not limited to school field trip offerings! Please call for more information and pricing.
Water Wise Classroom Challenge-FREE program
Majestic View Nature Center invites Arvada 3-5th grade class to take part in a special water conservation and water cycle program. Call 720-898-7405 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the best 2020 date for you.
- This program is offered as an outreach presentation given at your school.
- FREE: This program is fully funded by the City of Arvada Utilities Department for Arvada Schools.
- The presentation is 40-60 minutes and covers the water cycle, water quality & conservation, and water in ecosystems-along with other related topics. Each student also receives a water conservation swag bag.
- We can accommodate 50 students per program providing there is space for all students to sit on the floor and have 3 tables on the border. Multiple presentations may be scheduled in one day.
- Students will be requested to participate in at home conservation tasks (timing showers, checking for leaks and other activities). This take home packet is to be completed within one week and may be used for grades if you wish.
- Upon class completion of their packets, and teacher discretion, free pizza will be offered for the participating classroom/grade.
- Classes can be scheduled through early April 2020.
- If you wish, your classes may also complete a 12x18 poster about water conservation. The best posters will be displayed at the Nature Center.
- Main Phone Number: 720-898-7405
- Address: 7030 Garrison St. Arvada, CO 80004
- Social Media: @MajesticViewNC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter