In-Person & Virtual Programs
The Nature Center is the City of Arvada's environmental education facility. We offer many school and group programs to engage kids with nature. Using the nature trails, wetland areas and prairie ecosystems to explore, we connect kids with Arvada's parks and better understand nature. Topics are grade-level appropriate and meet Colorado science standards.
Not able to get your students or group online? Majestic View will work with you to design a program that fits your needs while including masks, physical distancing, temperature screening, and limited class sizes for in-person programs.
You can visit the park on your self-guided adventure, or request a program to accompany your independent explorations. And just outside the Nature Center is 25,000 square feet of a beautiful water-conserving demonstration garden where visitors can discover native Colorado plants and wildlife both inside and out.
Based on the 2020 Colorado State Science standards, these programs have interactive activities, games, and visuals. See full descriptions .
- Pre-K & K (25 minutes each): Becoming Butterflies; My Five Senses; Seed, Leaf, Grow!; Feathered Friends; & Nature Connections
- 1st - 3rd grades (40 minutes each): Habitat Homes, Meet a Mammal, Amphibian or Reptile? Bird Expedition, & Insect Investigation
- 3rd - 5th grades (40 minutes each): Wetland Discoveries, What’s That Life Cycle? Life in the Prairie, Mammal Detectives, & Who Polluted the Water?
Water Wise Classroom Challenge-FREE program
Majestic View Nature Center invites Arvada 3-5th graders to take part in a special water conservation and water cycle program. Request a program online or e-mail MajesticViewNC@arvada.org to partake in this free program.
- This program is offered as an outreach presentation given outside at your school/local park, outside the Nature Center, or virtually on Zoom.
- FREE: This program is fully funded by the City of Arvada Utilities Department for Arvada area schools.
- The presentation is 40-60 minutes and covers the water cycle, water quality & conservation, and water in ecosystems-along with other related topics. Each student also receives a water conservation swag bag.
- We can accommodate 25 people for outdoor, in-person groups providing there is space for all students to sit on the floor and have 1 table on the border. Multiple presentations may be scheduled in one day.
- Students will be requested to participate in at home conservation tasks (timing showers, checking for leaks and other activities). This take home packet is to be completed within one week and may be used for classroom grades if you wish.
- *When permitted again along with local and state health guidance* Upon group completion of their packets, and teacher/parental discretion, free pizza will be offered for the participating group.
- Main Phone Number: 720-898-7405
- Main Email: MajesticViewNC@arvada.org
- Address: 7030 Garrison St. Arvada, CO 80004
- Social Media: @MajesticViewNC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter