Field Trips-Now Offered Virtually!
The Nature Center is the City of Arvada's environmental education facility. We offer many school and group programs to engage kids with nature. Using the nature trails, wetland areas and prairie ecosystems to explore, we connect kids with Arvada's parks and better understand nature. Topics are grade-level appropriate and meet Colorado science standards.
The Nature Center also has 3,000 square feet, containing hands-on exhibits, wildlife displays, and classrooms. And, just outside is 25,000 square feet of a beautiful water-conserving demonstration garden. Visitors can discover native Colorado plants and wildlife both inside and out. You can visit the park on your self-guided adventure, or schedule a private virtual program/field trip with your group to accompany your independent explorations.
Not able to get your students or group online? Let's get together in your backyard or ours. Majestic View will work with you to design a program that fits your needs while including masks, physical distancing, temperature screening, and limited class sizes. To inquire more about an in-person program, email email@example.com.
2020 PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Based on the new 2020 Colorado State Science standards, these programs have fresh activities, games, and visuals. See full descriptions .
- Pre-K & K (25 minutes each): Becoming Butterflies; My Five Senses; Seed, Leaf, Grow!; Feathered Friends; & Nature Connections
- 1st - 3rd grades (40 minutes each): Habitat Homes, Meet a Mammal, Amphibian or Reptile? Bird Expedition, & Insect Investigation
- 3rd - 5th grades (40 minutes each): Wetland Discoveries, What’s That Life Cycle? Life in the Prairie, Mammal Detectives, & Who Polluted the Water?
Water Wise Classroom Challenge-FREE program
Majestic View Nature Center invites Arvada 3-5th grade class to take part in a special water conservation and water cycle program. Call 720-898-7405 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the best 2020 date for you.
- This program is offered as an outreach presentation given at your school or virtually on Zoom.
- FREE: This program is fully funded by the City of Arvada Utilities Department for Arvada Schools.
- The presentation is 40-60 minutes and covers the water cycle, water quality & conservation, and water in ecosystems-along with other related topics. Each student also receives a water conservation swag bag.
- We can accommodate 10 people for in-person groups
50 students per programproviding there is space for all students to sit on the floor and have 3 tables on the border. Multiple presentations may be scheduled in one day.
- Students will be requested to participate in at home conservation tasks (timing showers, checking for leaks and other activities). This take home packet is to be completed within one week and may be used for grades if you wish.
- Upon class completion of their packets, and teacher discretion, free pizza will be offered for the participating classroom/grade.
- Main Phone Number: 720-898-7405
- Address: 7030 Garrison St. Arvada, CO 80004
- Social Media: @MajesticViewNC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter