The City of Arvada is home to a diverse and beautiful array of wildlife and plants. Trees are a major part of the City’s infrastructure, providing both beauty and supporting vital ecosystems. Our goal is to help promote and preserve Arvada's urban forest.
What We Do
- What do we do? We care for trees!
- Prune trees for aesthetics, health and safety
- Remove trees and branches to eliminate hazard conditions
- Plant trees with an emphasis on diversity
- Identify, diagnose and treat tree ailments
- In the past, we have provided free mulch to residents, but during the construction of our new parks maintenance facility, we will not be offering mulch.
What You Can Do
Plant a Tree
The City of Arvada Plant A Tree Program is designed to inspire our residents and promote the planting of trees in the city's parks and open spaces; as a rewarding and unique means of paying tribute, honoring, commemorating or celebrating special times.
- The birth of children
- The passing of a loved one
- … and other special memories!
Donate a Tree
If you have a tree on your property that is in the way of construction or has outgrown its present location, the City of Arvada's forestry division will consider transplanting it to one of Arvada's many parks.
We will visit your site to determine if the tree is suitable to be moved. Donations to the City are tax deductible.
Contact City Forester Craig Hillegass 720-898-7422 for more information.
What Trees Do For Us
- Shade and cool our homes
- Clean our air and produce oxygen
- Help reduce soil erosion
- Lower utility bills
- Protect rivers and streams
- Provide homes for birds and other animals
- Add beauty and enrich our lives
City of Arvada Parks Maintenance 720-898-7410