Come Fly with Us! Saturday, September 21, 2019
Join us at Majestic View as we celebrate International Migratory Bird Day with a bird walk, kids’ activities, live raptors, story time readings and other feathered fun.
Stop by early for the 8 a.m. Bird Walk or drop in for more festivities between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Majestic View with our friends from Standley Lake, Two Ponds, Rocky Mountain Wildlife Alliance, Evergreen Audubon, Jeffco Libraries and more. See us all at Majestic View with interactive activities as we celebrate the birds that pass through Colorado in Fall, like the Bufflehead Duck, Mountain Bluebird, Common Nighthawk, or even the Sage Thrasher.
Bring the whole family to learn about birds, and maybe see a few, as you enjoy this celebration of migratory birds. For more information, visit arvada.org/nature or call 720-898-7405.
- Morning bird walk - meet at the Nature Center at 7:45 a.m., walk at 8 a.m. Join fellow bird enthusiasts for a 1 hour bird walk through the park led by a naturalist. Bring your own binoculars (we have limited binoculars available to share) and dress for the weather.
- Kids crafts and activities: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Visit the touch table, make bird themed crafts, story time readings, cookie decorating, and more for family friendly fun.
- Litter pick-up and Bird Yoga: 10:30 a.m. Help us maintain bird habitats by joining a short litter pick-up with compostable bags (bring your own gloves if you have them). Then get in tune with the birds in 30 minutes of bird themed yoga, appropriate for ages 6 and up. Lead by Alexa from Wild Hearts Yoga.
- Live raptor demonstration: 12:30 p.m. Nature’s Educators presents this animal ambassador presentation about raptors, meat-eating birds that you might find in Colorado. Learn more about them as you get the chance to see them up close.
- Bird banding demonstration: Learn about bird banding and its importance with Colorado Avian Research and Rehabilitation Institute.