Arvada Parks staff and the Arvada Parks Advisory Committee are beginning a test pilot program to mobilize volunteer Park Rangers in some of Arvada's most frequently used parks and trails. Arvada Park Rangers will be an extension of the Arvada Reservoir Ranger program operated through the Parks District 3 Supervisor and lake operations.
Park Ranger Requirements
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to work at least three 3-hour shifts per week through October (shifts scheduled between 11 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.)
- Valid Colorado drivers license
- Must pass background check
- Must provide own transportation to and from Arvada Reservoir (ranger shift starting point)
- Possess strong people skills
Park Ranger Duties
- Provide visible presence while focusing on areas that are highly used in the evenings (Arvada Dog Park, Long Lake Sports Complex, Ralston Creek Trail, and Birds Nest Disc Golf Course)
- Respond to Park visitors concerns with a friendly receptive manner.
- Report concerns to the Parks District 3 Supervisor.
- Perform light duty maintenance at parks, including graffiti removal, trash clean up, sign repair, and ensure that playgrounds are clean and debris free.
- Educate the public about park rules.
What's in it for You?
- First-aid certification provided
- Ranger training provided
- Arvada Park Ranger T-Shirt
- Ride around Arvada trails on a golf cart
- Access to free fishing at the Arvada Reservoir
- Incentives/perks for hours worked
- Recognition at our annual volunteer appreciation luncheon
How to Apply
If you are interested in being part of this exciting pilot program, please email Parks Supervisor Ken Billips at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your name
- Contact information
- The times you are available to volunteer; and,
- In a few brief sentences, explain why you are interested in being a volunteer park ranger for Arvada.
Deadline to apply for this volunteer position is July 29. If you are selected for an interview, he will contact you and arrange an interview time. If selected for the program, a training will be scheduled sometime during the first two weeks of August with shifts to begin mid-August.
Arvada Parks Supervisor Ken Billips, 720-898-7415 or Shawn Tichota, 720-898-7417.