At this time, due to the coronavirus, the Parks Ranger Program is not recruiting for volunteers. Check back for future opportunities. For conronavirus updates, visit arvada.org/covid-19.
Parks Ranger Program Overview
Arvada Parks staff and the Arvada Parks Advisory Committee are launching a program to mobilize Parks Ranger volunteers along the Ralston Creek Trail from the Arvada Reservoir to Ward Road. This stretch includes popular destinations such as the Arvada Dog Park, Long Lake Sports Complex, and Birds Nest Disc Golf Course. Parks Rangers will provide service and information, education, emergency assistance, and resource protection. Their presence will provide an increased sense of safety for parks and trails users.
Training will be conducted over two days in March and will cover first aid, conflict management, emergency response, outdoor safety, resource protection, and animal control.
To be an Arvada Ranger is to be our City’s leader in guest courtesy, striving to make every interaction with every guest the best experience we can give. We do this every day by dedicating ourselves to enhancing their experience through outstanding service and education that exceeds their expectations. Courtesy, Education, Passion for our Natural Resources is what we value.
- Educate the public about park rules
- Respond to visitor concerns in a friendly and receptive manner
- Provide a visible presence, especially in highly used areas
- Perform light maintenance including graffiti removal, trash clean up, and sign repair
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to work at least three 3-hour shifts per week
- Valid Colorado driver's license
- Clean background check
- Strong people skills and friendly demeanor
- The use of a golf cart to patrol the trails
- Free fishing at the Arvada Reservoir
- Incentives for hours worked
- Recognition at our volunteer appreciation luncheon
For more information contact Program Coordinator Clay Takara at 720-990-1954 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arvada Parks Rangers is an extension of the Arvada Reservoir Ranger program.