In 2016, the Arvada City Council created the Arvada Arts and Culture Commission, and in 2018, adopted a Cultural Master Plan.
Through this Master Plan, our goals are to:
- CREATE opportunities for artists, arts organizations and cultural institutions to thrive by making places for artists, for public art, and for cultural and artistic events
- INVEST in our future in arts and culture by funding public art, and arts and culture programs and events
- INITIATE the events and activities that will awaken interest in arts and culture
- SUPPORT artists, artistic and cultural events and activities, and make it easier for our artists and our arts and cultural institutions to create and innovate
- ADVOCATE with our partners to create new activities and to find new sources of revenue
Our vision is: Arvada, Where Arts and Culture Live