Meyers Pool (7900 Carr St.) is owned by the City of Arvada, and operated and maintained by the Apex Park and Recreation District. Elected officials from the City of Arvada, Apex Park and Recreation District and Jeffco Schools have been meeting to discuss its future. Understanding that the facility has a limited life span, these partners have set a goal to replace it with a new 50-meter natatorium.
Share your Meyers Pool story with the community!
While the replacement project is happening, we want to invite you to share your stories past and present of your experiences at Meyers Pool. Visit Speak Up Arvada to contribute your story, as well as read and engage with the stories of others. Your story may be featured in future City projects, communications, and events.
About the Project
While still in the early planning phase, the following has been decided:
- The current facility will remain open during construction of the new facility.
- The new facility will be located in adjacent to the current facility.
- After the new pool is operational, the existing pool will be demolished and a new parking lot built on the site.
- Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023. Project completion is anticipated to be in 2025.
- OLC has been chosen as the architect and interior design firm to lead the project. See the full press release here.
- As a part of the project feasibility study, the community shared needs and desires for the new facility. This feedback will be embedded in the design process.
- Additional opportunities for the community to engage with the design team, understand the plan, and ask questions will be available. Please sign up for emails to stay up to date.
About Meyers Pool
George J. Meyers Pool is a unique 50-meter aquatics facility, The regional facility hosts a wide variety of users from competitive swimming events to recreational lap swimmers and swim classes. The facility is home to North Jeffco Swim Club, a 300+ member youth competitive swimming club and five Jeffco Public Schools high school swim teams that use the pool as their home facility for practices and meets.