Meyers Pool (7900 Carr Dr.) is owned by the City of Arvada, and operated and maintained by the Apex Park and Recreation District. Elected officials from the City of Arvada, Apex Park and Recreation District and Jeffco Schools have been meeting to discuss its future. Understanding that the facility has a limited life span, these partners have set a goal to replace it with a new 50-meter natatorium.
Wednesday, April 12: Pre-Construction Community Meeting
When: 9:00-10:30 a.m. & 5:00-7:00 p.m.
*Open house style: stop by anytime during these hours to learn about the three phases of construction and anticipated impacts in the area.
Where: Meyers Pool, 7900 Carr Dr., Arvada, CO
What: The first phase of construction will begin in May.
- Join the City of Arvada, Apex Park and Recreation, and Jeffco Public Schools to learn more about the project and upcoming construction impacts.
- The pool and current parking lot will remain open during this first phase of work while a new parking lot is constructed to the south of the facility in the field behind the pool.
Share your Meyers Pool story with the community!
While the replacement project is happening, we want to invite you to share your stories past and present at Meyers Pool. Visit Speak Up Arvada to contribute your story, as well as read and engage with the stories of others. Your story may be featured in future City projects, communications, and events.
About the Project
The project is in the planning phase and the following details have been decided:
- The current facility will remain open throughout the majority of construction of the new facility.
- The new facility will be located in adjacent to the current facility.
- After the new pool is operational, the existing pool will be demolished and a new parking lot built on the site.
- Construction is anticipated to begin in mid-2023. Project completion is anticipated to be in 2025.
- OLC has been chosen as the architect and interior design firm to lead the project. Saunders has been chosen as the Construction Management, General Contractor (CMGC).
- As a part of the project feasibility study, the community shared needs and desires for the new facility. This feedback will be embedded in the design process.
- Thank you to those who attended the project kick-off open house. Additional opportunities for the community to engage with the project team, understand the plan, and ask questions will be available. Please sign up for emails to stay up to date.
About Meyers Pool
George J. Meyers Pool is a unique 50-meter aquatics facility, The regional facility hosts a wide variety of users from competitive swimming events to recreational lap swimmers and swim classes. The facility is home to North Jeffco Swim Club, a 300+ member youth competitive swimming club, the Mile High Dive Club, one of the top-ranked youth diving clubs in the nation, and five Jeffco Public Schools high school swim and dive teams that use the pool as their home facility for practices and meets.
If you have questions about the project, please submit them to Ask Arvada, email email@example.com or call the City Facilities Department at 720-898-7600.