Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Sales Tax




What Type of Businesses Require A Business License?

ALL businesses located within the City are required to obtain a business license and file a tax return based on their filing frequency. Any business coming into the City to sell, lease, rent, deliver or install tangible personal property is also required to be licensed. Non-profit organizations should have a business license but no tax returns will be required. 

How Do I Apply for a Business License?

Businesses need to apply for a business license online using MUNIRevs. The license is free and does not expire with the exception of food trucks and short term rentals, which expire one year after issue.

I Am Having Technical Issues!

Please call MUNIRevs support directly at 888-751-1911 for submission errors, technical issues and payment difficulties.

How Do I Close My Business License?

Please use the license closure form to close your account. 

When Is My Tax Return Due? 

All Arvada tax returns are due on the 20th of the month and must be filed and paid online. 

What Is The Tax Rate For Arvada?

Arvada is a home-ruled City which means Arvada collects its own tax. The City tax rate is 3.46% for sales and use tax, 2% for lodging tax and 4% for admissions tax. 

How Can I Learn More About Tax And Filing?

Please reach out to us at or 720-898-7100 so that Revenue staff can provide one on one educational tax assistance and guidance.

Do I Have To Renew My Business License?

Arvada does not require businesses to renew their business license unless your are a food truck or a short term rental, which has an annual renewal. If you have an address or business change, please submit an account change, otherwise your license will continue until it is closed.

Why Should My Business Be Licensed?

Licensing your business helps the City build relationships with local businesses, identifies business contacts for emergency purposes, provides contact for business outreach and notification due to potential issues, ensures zoning compliance, and establishes a tax account for required tax return filing.

Contact Information

  •  Revenue Telephone Number: