This project will replace water lines in four areas around the City of Arvada to maintain reliable water service. The work will take place in several locations, across several phases. Locations are as follows:
- Phase 1: 84th Way (Castle Gate Apartments) - current (beginning week of 11/21)
- Between 84th Circle and Webster Drive
- Phase 2: 74th Place & Kipling - scheduled for early 2023
- *Timing dependent on Phase 1 completion
- Phase 3: Pomona @ Webster & Vance Streets - scheduled for 2023
- Phase 4: Routt to Robb Streets from W 59th Place to 60th Ave. - scheduled for 2023
*All work is weather and supply chain dependent and subject to change.
Phase 1: begins week of November 21
- Approximately 10 weeks
- Scheduled start date in mid November
- Completion anticipated in early February
The timeline will be updated as the additional project phases are scheduled. Local residents will be notified.
What to Expect
- Limited to no parking within construction zones
- No parking signs will be in place 24 hours before work begins
- Single lane closure with one-way traffic may take place throughout the project.
- Flaggers and signage will be in place to direct traffic.
- Scheduled water outages may occur.
- Impacted residents will be notified with a door hanger from the contractor.
- Slight, temporary water discoloration may result from water line connection.
- The water is completely safe. Run your cold water faucet for several minutes until water returns to normal.
- Working hours will be between 7 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Single lane road closures are permitted between 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Additional construction traffic and noise may be present during these times.
Please contact the Engineering Division with questions, (720) 898-7640 or submit a ticket through Ask Arvada and a team member will be in touch.
- by Public Works