The speed limit is 30 mph and there are no left turns from Ralston through the construction zone. Please help keep construction workers and community safe, obey speed limits, traffic signs and use caution through the new traffic alignment.
Week of November 27
The following streets are closed to the south of Ralston Road until January 2023 for drainage pipe installation and excavation work:
- Field St
- Everett St
- Estes St
- Dudley St
- Dover St
Motorists can access all closed roads and associated businesses along Ralston Road via W. 57th Avenue. Please reference this detour map.
- No left turns are permitted in either direction of Ralston Road through the construction zone (Yukon and Garrison) due to the lack of turn area.
- Single lane traffic in each direction. Two-way travel is maintained.
- Reduced sidewalk access exists within the project limits.
- Speeds are reduced to 30 mph in the work zone.
Arvada K-8 School Traffic Advisory
- Construction activity is ongoing from Yukon to Garrison. Caution is advised.
- Crossing guards will be present on Balsam Street
- Pedestrian signals are operational
- Sidewalk access is limited through the school zone on Ralston Road
Please contact us directly at 720-998-6223 or sign up for email alerts.
The City of Arvada and Hamon Infrastructure appreciate your patience and understanding during this project.
This project will widen and improve the Ralston Road corridor between Upham and Yukon Streets (Phase One-complete) followed by the segment between Yukon and Garrison Streets (Phase Two-in progress).
Ralston Road is a major east-west corridor for Arvada, serving 23,000 vehicle trips each day. It provides connectivity to major north-south corridors and serves five the Regional Transportation District (RTD) bus lines.
What the Project Entails
- 8-foot wide pedestrian path (similar to a trail) will provide access to parks and trails. This sidewalk width exceeds ADA minimum, allows pedestrians to walk side-by-side or with their pets and creates distance from the travel lanes.
- Widen the existing 9 foot vehicle travel lanes to 11 feet to help decrease sideswipe accidents.
- Installation of gutter pans to provide an additional 1 foot of space for the accumulation of rain, snow, and debris outside of the travel lanes.
- Widen the center two-way-left-turn lane to 12 feet to increase driver safety/comfort while stopped between passing vehicles.
- Reconstruction of aging traffic signals with new technology to improve traffic progression.
What to Expect During Construction
- Access to all businesses along Ralston Rd is open during construction.
- RTD service along Ralston Road will continue during construction.
- There will be lane closures and periodic closures of roads that cross Ralston Road.
- Construction will be conducted in stages in order to efficiently use resources. It may appear that construction moves around or stops and starts in certain areas.
- There will be disruptions to your typical travel on Ralston Road. We encourage all residents to consider alternate routes and plan for additional travel time.