The School Resource Officer program dedicates an officer to the needs of a particular school's community. Arvada has nine School Resource Officers (SROs).
SROs act as a liaison between the police department, school, and community. It is their mission to provide a safe and secure environment where students can thrive. SROs mentor students and present information in the classroom. They also meet with parents and teachers. SROs are often role models for students, giving them sound advice and encouraging feelings of self-worth.
- Elementary schools on a rotating basis
- Arvada K-8 - Officer Kelly Lechuga
- Three Creeks K-8
- North Arvada Middle School - Officer Kevin Lewis
- Oberon Middle School - Officer Adrienne Blackwood
- Arvada High School - Officer Albino Guerrero
- Arvada West High School
- Ralston Valley High School - Officer Nicole Deering
- Pomona High School - Officer Richard Brown
Make a Call. Make a Difference. 1-877-542-SAFE
Safe2Tell provides students and adults in all Colorado schools and communities an increased ability to both prevent and report violence by making safe, ANONYMOUS calls.
- by Public Safety (Police)