Please Note: Arvada PD will not be hosting a Drug Take Back in 2022, but the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office will hold theirs on April 30. For time and location details, visit https://www.jeffco.us/1068/Drug-Take-Back
Prior Year Events
The Drug Take-Back program, provided in partnership by the W. Michael Northey Foundation partners with the Arvada Police Department, gives residents a safe way to dispose of medications. Medications should never be flushed down the toilet.
- This is a free program. Donations benefit the Foundation, providing scholarships to college-bound Arvada high school students and help to families of officers killed or injured in the line of duty.
- Participating is easy. Simply gather up your unused, unwanted and expired medications and bring them to the event location, drive up, handoff and drive away.
What Can I Bring?
- Over-the-Counter Medications
- Medications Samples
- Pet Medications
- Liquid Medications in leak-proof containers
- Medicated Ointments and Lotions
- Bloody or Infectious Waste
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Aerosol Cans
- IV Bags
- Illicit Drugs
- Chemotherapy and radioactive substances
- Oxygen Containers
- Needles or Other Sharps
- Medical Equipment
- by Public Safety (Police)