2018 - 2020 LDC Update Project
In 2020, the City of Arvada completed a three-year process to update the Land Development Code (LDC), which are the regulations that govern development in the city. The LDC affects all development and helps shape where you live, where you work and where you play. A review and updates were needed to ensure the LDC provided the best zoning and land use approaches for the future.
- View the Adopted LDC in MuniCode. NOTE: The LDC version in MuniCode does not yet include the March 21, 2022 amendments.
- View the Zoning Map (link broken)
- View the Comprehensive Plan Land Use Map
- Visit the Land Development Code archive webpage.
2021 Continued Updates
After use of the Land Development Code for over a year, the City team identified a number of minor changes, and a few major changes, that would make the Code easier to understand and administer. Fine-tuning was anticipated, as new concepts and processes were introduced with the LDC. The amendments to the LDC, excluding changes to the short term rental section, were approved by the City Council on March 21, 2022. Details regarding the changes can be found in the following documents:
- March 21, 2022 City Council Hearing Presentation
- February 8, 2022 Planning Commission Hearing Presentation
- December 13, 2021 City Council Workshop Presentation
- September 7, 2021 Planning Commission Workshop Presentation
- Proposed pages to be amended
2022 Continued Updates
On April 11, 2022, the City Council held a workshop to discuss additional changes to the Land Development Code (LDC), including an increase in the radius of notifications for administrative cases, administrative decisions, public hearing cases, and appeals cases; additional Site Plan criteria for residential projects granted Conditional Use approval and a new standard condition for projects requiring Conditional Use approval in the MX zone districts; a new definition and limitations for fleet vehicles; a new definition of semi-trailer truck trip and number of trips to be considered for various uses; the option for City Council call up of administrative decisions; and changes to the Short Term Rental code related to notice requirements for inspections and definition of responsible party.
- April 11, 2022 City Council Workshop Presentation
- June 7, 2022 Planning Commission Workshop Presentation
- June 21, 2022 DRAFT ordinance
- Main Telephone Number:
- Street Address:
8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
- Email Advance@arvada.org
- by Community and Economic Development