Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Food Truck Permits

Permit Requirements

Launch Licensing and Tax Portal


When Do I Need a Food Truck Permit?

  • If you are selling food from a readily movable wheeled, motorized vehicle designed and equipped to serve food
  • If you are selling food from a wheeled, non-motorized structure designed and equipped to serve food, and towed by a motorized vehicle

When Don't I Need a Food Truck Permit?

  • If you operate for less than 15 consecutive minutes at any specific site (such as an ice cream truck)
  • If you are operating as part of an approved Special Event in coordination with the event planner

Where Are Food Trucks Allowed?

  • Trucks must be parked on a paved surface outside of the public right-of-way
  • In a public street right-of-way (regardless of zoning district) when the street is closed to vehicular traffic as part of a Special Event Permit
  • In a public street right-of-way (regardless of zoning district) as part of a gathering of two or more food trucks with authorization from the the Director
  • On private property as provided in Section 3-1-4-2, Temporary Uses by Zoning District

Where AREN’T Food Trucks Allowed?

  • On undeveloped property with unoccupied structures or unpaved surfaces
  • In any location that would obstruct the visibility of motorists
  • In any public park without a special event permit
  • In any location that would obstruct parking lot circulation or access to a public street, alley or sidewalk

Food Trucks at Athletic Tournaments

Food Trucks Must be Scheduled through Tournament Organizers:
Food trucks must follow all requirements established by the City of Arvada Parks Department and can be reviewed at

Additional Information

  • The permit fee is $55.
  • Permits are valid for 12 months with online renewals being sent the last month of the permit.
  • Hours of operation are limited between 6:00 am and 11:00 pm.
  • Operators are responsible for the storage and daily disposal of all trash, refuse and litter.
  • All areas used for food and retail trucks must be maintained in a safe and clean condition.
  • Liquid waste used in the operation cannot be discharged from the vehicle, with the exception of clean ice melt.

Contact Information

  • Main Telephone Number:
  • Street Address:
    8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002