Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Contractor Licenses

To obtain permits for building permits or right of way permits in the City of Arvada, contractors must first obtain a license.

What type of Work Requires a License?

Any work that is construction, erection, addition, alteration, repair, equipping, moving, removal, conversion or demolition of any building or structure within the City of Arvada, individuals will need to apply for a Building Contractor License.

General public improvements, consisting of construction, reconstruction and remodeling of storm drains, irrigation ditches, fire lines, sewer and water lines, sewer and water mains, curb and gutters, sidewalks, streets, potholing, boring, traffic-control devices and similar improvements which are constructed on public rights of way, easements and other public property, and utility services on private property between the property line and the building, will need to obtain a Municipal Contractors license.

Please reference the pages to the right for more information about each specific license.

Contact Information

Building Contractors:

  •  Main Telephone Number:
  •  Street Address:
    8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
Municipal Contractors:
  • ‚Äč Main Telephone Number:
  •  Street Address:
    8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002