As part of an ongoing effort to provide safe, well-maintained neighborhood streets to the community, the City of Arvada is beginning the 2019 Concrete Replacement Program. For this work, which occurs every year during warmer months, construction crews will replace sections of concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk in certain neighborhoods.
Benefits to the Resident
- Safer sidewalks with smoother surfaces and reduced trip hazards.
- More attractive sidewalks.
- More economical (because the City bears the cost not the homeowner).
Where and When
Concrete replacement will occur in five areas of the City. This is a new approach. In previous years, work occurred in smaller sections, at more locations across the City. This year, work will be localized to a limited number of larger sections. If your neighborhood is affected, you may see construction in your area for a longer time period, but the approach reduces cost and saves work time.
- Completed: south of 80th Avenue and east of Pierce Street.
- Completed:south of 72nd Avenue and east of Wadsworth Boulevard.
- In progress: A section south of 56th Avenue and east of Wadsworth Bypass.
- Beginning in August: A section south of 62nd Avenue and east of Lamar Street.
- Beginning in September: A section southwest of 64th Avenue (Ralston Road) and Ralston Road.
What to Expect
There is NO financial responsibility to homeowners or businesses affected by this work. If work is being done in your neighborhood, the City's contractor, Triple M Construction, will distribute bright green colored door hanger notifications to residents prior to work commencing.
During the construction:
- Temporary traffic control devices will be in place to direct traffic in the work zone.
- Access will be provided to all residences during the construction. If you need accommodations, please call City of Arvada Engineering department at 720-898-7640 as soon as possible.
- There will be open street cuts at times, and caution should be used in the vicinity of the construction operations.
- The contractor will return to address disturbed landscaping at the end of the project.
Please note: We cannot add driveway cuts during this project.
If you have further questions or concerns about the concrete replacements in your area, please call Triple M Construction, 720-331-6342 or the City of Arvada, 720-898-7640.
If you are looking for information about the city's 50/50 curb and gutter sidewalk replacement program, visit arvada.org/curb-gutter-and-sidewalk-replacement
- by Public Works