Community and Economic Development surveys
The Arvada Economic Development Association (AEDA) released the results of its 2020 survey they hosted to learn more about what Arvada residents are looking for in terms of future planning with regard to economic development. Five-thousand Arvada residents were selected at random to participate in this survey. Recently, AEDA completed a similar survey asking for business feedback, over 400 businesses participated. To learn more including reviewing the results, visit AEDA's website.
Coming Soon: The 2022 Community Survey
After a pause due to the pandemic, the City plans to conduct a 2022 community survey. In the coming months, this page will be updated with additional information about the project and we expect the survey to be distributed.
The 2019 Community Survey
The City presented and published the results of the 2019 Community Survey in early 2020. The report demonstrated the importance of:
- Maintaining Progress - The report shows that we are maintaining progress in most areas. On a zero-10-point scale, 87 percent of respondents rated the City six or higher. Of 26 questions related to satisfaction levels compared to the 2017 Community Survey results, 19 remained the same, five slightly increased in satisfaction and two slightly decreased in satisfaction.
- Focusing on Growth - We asked residents what impact Arvada’s growth has had on their lives, and people reported mixed perspectives with a roughly even number of people reporting positive and negative impacts. The City intends to explore these results further to determine future actions, including additional community engagement around this topic.
- Addressing Transportation - We asked residents to rate the level to which street congestion meets their expectations. Nearly 40 percent responded negatively, a clear indicator that the City must continue to focus on transportation, including not only streets maintenance, but also traffic signal timing, managing congestion and working with partners such as the Colorado Department of Transportation to improve flow on State-operated streets including Sheridan and Wadsworth boulevards and Indiana Street.
What Is the Community Survey?
The Arvada Community Survey is conducted every other year, and functions as a consumer report card for the City by providing residents the opportunity to rate their satisfaction with their quality of life, community amenities, and local government. The survey gives residents an opportunity to provide feedback to the City government on what they believe is working well and what is not, and to communicate their priorities regarding community planning and resource allocation. The survey invites your opinions about how the City uses tax dollars, how safe you feel in the City and your neighborhood, and how you perceive Arvada as a place to live, among a number of other areas of interest. This information is critical to the City’s understanding of the current and future needs of Arvada residents, like you.
In the 2019 survey, we added several questions to help us better understand how people want to engage with the City and the extent to which people feel included. For the first time since the survey's inception in 1997, respondents had the option of selecting a Spanish-language version of the survey and were able to respond to the survey via email. Additionally, at the conclusion of the statistically-valid phase, a second phase made was available to a larger cross section of our community via Speak Up Arvada.
Want to Learn More?
Explore resources, project timeline and community engagement.
Survey Reports and Presentations
- 2019 Community Survey Final Report (PDF)
- Jan. 6, 2019 presentation to City Council
- 2017 Citizen Survey Final Report (PDF)
- 2017 Citizen Survey PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- 2015 Citizen Survey Final Report (PDF)
- 2013 Citizen Survey Final Report (PDF)
- 2011 Citizen Survey Final Report (PDF)
- 2009 Citizen Survey Final Report (PDF)
- Oct. 25, 2019 - Community Survey available on Speak Up Arvada- Completed
- November 2019 - Data analysis- Ongoing
- Jan. 6, 2020- Council Workshop- Completed
- Jan. 10, 2020 - Council Retreat - Completed
- June 2020- Final report published and shared broadly with community - Completed
City Communications and Engagement, City Manager's Office
- Main Telephone Number: 720-898-7500
- Email email@example.com
- Street Address: 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
- by City Manager