For Recreation Center and Outdoor Pool questions and concerns, contact Apex PRD Main Line: 303-424-2739 or Fitzmorris Recreation Center Direct Line: 303-463-1925. All activities are arranged through Apex PRD. Vist them at apexprd.org.
The Neighborhood Recreation Center and Outdoor Pool is an Apex Park & Recreation District (PRD) and City of Arvada endeavor located at 6340 Independence Street, Arvada.
News and Updates
- On May 3, 2016, voters of Apex PRD approved the bond issue to fund six projects including the Fitzmorris project.
- In late 2016, Apex PRD hired an architect and a contractor to assist with final design prior to construction to ensure feasibility and best visitor value for the investment.
- The Final Open House Public Meeting was held Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:30pm in the Fitzmorris Elementary School Gymnasium, 6250 Independence Street. Images from the meeting are available under "Related Documents" on the right sidebar.
- The 8,500 sf recreation center and outdoor pool is set to open on Saturday June 23, 2018! Join us at 10:00am for the celebration and a splash!
- To learn more visit Apexprd.org/bond-projects
When the Fisher Pool closed, Arvada residents expressed a desire for another public pool and recreation center in the same area. Numerous studies and public outreach events have occurred since that time, including a Community Needs Assessment and the Ralston Recreation Community Center Survey, both in 2013. The Fitzmorris Pool & Recreation Center will fill the need identified in those outreach events. The City of Arvada committed funding to help bring this project to fruition.
A summary of feedback received from the Public Events held in 2016 is available under "Related Documents" on the right sidebar.
For Fitzmorris Recreation Center and Outdoor Pool questions and concerns, contact Apex Park & Recreation District Main Line: 303-424-2739 or Apex Fitzmorris Recreation Center Direct Line: 303-463-1925.