Fitzmorris Recreation Center Opening Celebration is set for June 23, 2018! The party starts at 10:00 am and is open to the public.
The Neighborhood Recreation Center and Outdoor Pool is an Apex Park & Recreation District (PRD) and City of Arvada endeavor located at 6340 Independence Street, Arvada.
News and Updates
- On May 3, 2016, voters of Apex PRD approved the bond issue to fund six projects including the Fitzmorris project.
- In late 2016, Apex PRD hired an architect and a contractor to assist with final design prior to construction to ensure feasibility and best visitor value for the investment.
- The Final Open House Public Meeting was held Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:30pm in the Fitzmorris Elementary School Gymnasium, 6250 Independence Street. Images from the meeting are available under "Related Documents" on the right sidebar.
- The 8,500 sf recreation center and outdoor pool is set to open on Saturday June 23, 2018! Join us at 10:00am for the celebration and a splash!
- To learn more visit Apexprd.org/bond-projects
When the Fisher Pool closed, Arvada residents expressed a desire for another public pool and recreation center in the same area. Numerous studies and public outreach events have occurred since that time, including a Community Needs Assessment and the Ralston Recreation Community Center Survey, both in 2013. The Fitzmorris Pool & Recreation Center will fill the need identified in those outreach events. The City of Arvada committed funding to help bring this project to fruition.
A summary of feedback received from the Public Events held in 2016 is available under "Related Documents" on the right sidebar.
City of Arvada Parks, Golf and Hospitality: 720-898-7400